The Humor Thread

This is not far from the truth. Apparently, there are optional features in new cars that can be remotely enabled and disabled based on payments or the lack thereof for a given option.
A friend has a new Audi Q5. If it gets stolen my friend can contact Audi HQ UK, and they can disable it.....no matter where it is on the planet.
If the perp tries to tamper with the electrics/computer, trying to circumvent the disable feature, this also disables it.
But I'm sure the hackers are on it.

Edit: In the same tone, if the vehicle is involved in a criminal act the police can run the plate to Audi and request the vehicle be disabled.

Last edited:
A friend has a new Audi Q5. If it gets stolen my friend can contact Audi HQ UK, and they can disable it.....no matter where it is on the planet.
If the perp tries to tamper with the electrics/computer, trying to circumvent the disable feature, this also disables it.
But I'm sure the hackers are on it.

Edit: In the same tone, if the vehicle is involved in a criminal act the police can run the plate to Audi and request the vehicle be disabled.

Now imagine legislation which allows national/state/municipal gubbernmint to disable your car because [fill in a myriad of possibilities here].

Now imagine legislation which allows national/state/municipal gubbernmint to disable your car because [fill in a myriad of possibilities here].
I agree.
At the moment, I think it's only an option you can pay for to have it installed. Usually for purchasers of desirable high-end vehicles. GM have OneStar.
I recall, a few years ago, the European police forces calling for a universal remote stopping system to be fitted to all vehicles sold in the European Union. I don't know what came of it.

Back