The first time Brisket adventure

You've been great in sharing your cook, Daniel. You got a lot of thoughts about options, and I want to throw in one more. No recommendations, but you may also want to consider the high heat method. I've done a couple that way -- one on my former 18", one on my grill (with smoke, but not smoked). I have no recommendations, it's just another option you may want to try. I've been happy both ways, but high heat sure is better on time. For myself, I'm not yet settled on any of the method options which is why I'm so interested in the cooks of others.
Completely agree, high heat smokes have an honorable reputation justifiably so, I used to ”kettle smoke“ all the time. Great results, different but delicious nonetheless!

You've been great in sharing your cook, Daniel. You got a lot of thoughts about options, and I want to throw in one more. No recommendations, but you may also want to consider the high heat method. I've done a couple that way -- one on my former 18", one on my grill (with smoke, but not smoked). I have no recommendations, it's just another option you may want to try. I've been happy both ways, but high heat sure is better on time. For myself, I'm not yet settled on any of the method options which is why I'm so interested in the cooks of others.
Yes I do have planned to try the high heat method, and also want to try low without water in the water pan and adding spritzing, all my previous cooks in the WSM had been done with minion and water, except one time for chicken wings, the snake was something that came to my mind, but I don't think I'm going to do it again in the WSM, at least not with a brisket, as you said every time you try a different method feels like a first cook and of course we learn something new, and I am totally very glad that all of you share your opinions and thoughts with me, that's what I'm looking for, and it's the reason I join this forum.

:wsm:

Yes I do have planned to try the high heat method, and also want to try low without water in the water pan and adding spritzing, all my previous cooks in the WSM had been done with minion and water, except one time for chicken wings, the snake was something that came to my mind, but I don't think I'm going to do it again in the WSM, at least not with a brisket, as you said every time you try a different method feels like a first cook and of course we learn something new, and I am totally very glad that all of you share your opinions and thoughts with me, that's what I'm looking for, and it's the reason I join this forum.

:wsm:
Daniel, there are so many ways to do all these projects, the testing is the fun part. Self education when cooking is just plain fun!

As I said somewhere recently, my next brisket I'll wrap but unwrap (saving the juices) before ending in hopes to improve the bark. Congrats!

Back