The clock has started on my 2 racks of st louis ribs.

Michael Goldman

TVWBB Fan
Ok, i trimmed out 2 racks of ribs to st louis.. I coated light with peanut oil and put on my homemade rub..in refer now to rest for about 1 hour.. Will start my 18 wsm around 2:30 pm minion with a foiled saucer.. Plan to cook at between 225-250.. 2 1/2 hrs.. Then will foil, shot of apple juice, drizzle with some parkay, sprinkle some brown sugar on for 1 1/2 hrs.unfoil and back on for about 45 mn to 1 hr... Will brush bbq sauce last 10-15 mn.. Off course times are sbject to change.. Will post results and hope fully pictures..

Nice plan Michael...look forward to seeing the final results with action shots. :)

We had our ribs..ribs were very tasty .made the mistake of putting too much charcoal in cooker.. Temps never went lower than around 270.spiked as high as 315 for a short time .modified cook times because of the higher temp..total time a little over 4 hours.. Not as moist as i would of liked.. However they were still good.. Will try to post pics tomorrow.. Having some trouble trying to post pics. .what programs do most of the folks use here to post pics??

We had our ribs..ribs were very tasty .made the mistake of putting too much charcoal in cooker.. Temps never went lower than around 270.spiked as high as 315 for a short time .modified cook times because of the higher temp..total time a little over 4 hours.. Not as moist as i would of liked.. However they were still good.. Will try to post pics tomorrow.. Having some trouble trying to post pics. .what programs do most of the folks use here to post pics??
Upload them to photobucket.

Back