"the best BBQ Store"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm still looking for a "great" store in Atlanta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too!
Rita

Man,I'd love to find something that in Charlotte! There are a couple BBQ and high end patio furniture places,but note the high end tag I placed in the description! The few times I've been in one,the prices were pretty steep! Fun to look at,but outta my price range!

Well believe me there is NOTHING remotely near anything like that! We have Home Depots and Lowes. That's our BBQ stores.

Also still looking. As popular as barbecue is in the south and with all the competitions in Georgia, you would think there would be at least one great barbecue store here.

Fortunately for us in KC, this is not uncommon. Off the top of my head, I can think of three such stores in different parts of the city. The great thing about the KC BBQ Store is that it is attached to Oklahoma Joe's BBQ restaurant, which a couple of years ago, was dubbed the best bbq in the world by some magazine.

Not bad if you like little places. But check out,
Ontario BBQ

Was there today for over an hour, mostly drooling. They have a whole room just for wood chips, chunks and charcoal. And more smokers than most place have grills.

Cheers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael G. (Canada Mike):
Not bad if you like little places. But check out,
Ontario BBQ

Was there today for over an hour, mostly drooling. They have a whole room just for wood chips, chunks and charcoal. And more smokers than most place have grills.

Cheers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Spent some time in that store couple months ago Mike. Nice shop for sure. I also enjoyed the charcoal room. ;o)

Nashville doesn't have much beyond HD & Lowe's, like the lesser black hole of BBQing. Maybe the gray hole? LOL.

There is one high end store here that does carry nearly every Weber grill made, but their prices are very high. They focus on high end name brand grills, BGE's & gas fireplaces.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim H.:
There is one high end store here that does carry nearly every Weber grill made, but their prices are very high. They focus on high end name brand grills, BGE's & gas fireplaces. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes no sense for a BBQ store to charge higher prices that places that ARE NOT...a BBQ store. When that's your trick, you're supposed to do it better than everyone else. That **** makes zero sense to me. We have a place like that around here too. Total garbage, if you ask me.

When you said a store up in Alpharetta thats good were you taking about Georgia Backyard? I wasn't too impressed with that store if so mainly outdoor furniture. If you do decide to come up here my favorite store in the area is the work bench ace on holcomb bridge road. I cook on eggs but started with a WSM and the ace has both brands and a decent selection. Mad Hatter is also in Alpharetta and has a good sized room of grills and also do custom outdoor setups. If you are looking for smoking wood there is a guy that posts on craigslist over in Gwinnett that sells like 20lb boxes of chunked wood for $10 and will cut to size for you. Last time I got white oak, apple, and Persimon but he has several more types.

I think so,thanks for saving me a long drive.
Rocky Mountain on Roswell Road is close and next on the lists. A pal has an egg, so we may head to the BGE world headquarters. He wants an XL, so I may get his old large one.

Back