The "BEAST" Does Wings

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I decided this am that I was going to make some wings to go with the USMNT game vs. Costa Rica. Pulled a pack of party wings (from a CostCo "six-pack") out of the freezer. I still need to learn the ins/outs of the new Summit Platinum grill, so I picked it for wing duty. About 15 minutes before cooking, I preheated the grill with the right two burners at med/low. While that was happening, I dried off the wings, then dusted with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express (I love the depth of this coffee-based rub on chicken!) Since I'm the only on eating the wings, they also got a sprinkle of Chipotle powder for heat. The wings went onto the grill direct for 5 minutes, flipped, 5 more minutes, then moved to indirect (outside two burners on med/low):

1648691419381.jpeg

10 minutes, flipped, then 10 more minutes and served up with some ranch dressing (and a little parsley from the garden):

1648691477555.jpeg

Delicious! A nice bit of heat from the Chipotle powder, and the earthy coffee rub really comes through!

USA, USA! :)

R

That thing is treating you well. The grates look awesome.
Thanks, Bruno, having fun with it! The best part, is that I have two spare grates from my B4 in case I need them.....these things are stout, though, so I guessing they will outlive me. :)

WE DID IT!!! After a little traumatic flashback to 2017during the 50 to 60 min mark they calmed it down, didn't have a complete melt down, and World Cup 2022 here we come!!! I really hope Costa Rica making it in through the playoff game.
As for the wings they look prefect, I had a bottle of Red Eye Express in my hand yesterday at the BBQ shop, but didn't get it, this post makes me regret that move. They just started to carry Dizzy Pig seasonings. I will pick it up the next time I stop in. I am with Bruno, all three post with the Beast, my first thought is how thick those grates are.

WE DID IT!!! After a little traumatic flashback to 2017during the 50 to 60 min mark they calmed it down, didn't have a complete melt down, and World Cup 2022 here we come!!! I really hope Costa Rica making it in through the playoff game.
As for the wings they look prefect, I had a bottle of Red Eye Express in my hand yesterday at the BBQ shop, but didn't get it, this post makes me regret that move. They just started to carry Dizzy Pig seasonings. I will pick it up the next time I stop in. I am with Bruno, all three post with the Beast, my first thought is how thick those grates are.
I have no illusions about the quality of the US team, but it will be nice to see them in group play in Qatar!

DP Red Eye is one of my favorites (probably because of my deep addiction to coffee!) :)

....and, yeah, those grates. Love 'em!

R

Whoops, winged it again on the beast! Didn't think this deserved it's own thread, so I'll make my notes here in case I forget..... :)

Olive oil, salt and pepper only on the wings. Same set up, 5 mins per side direct, then 10 mins per side indirect. Tossed in buffalo sauce (Frank's, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire, chipotle powder, garlic powder), back on for 5 minutes, tossed in sauce again and served....

1649341840973.jpeg

Spicy, and delicious.....maintained a bit of the crisp skin.

Carry on.

R

Back