"The BBQer" Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Has anybody ever heard of this magazine or read one? Is it any good? I heard about it several months ago when someone was asking about it. They had seen one in a store somewhere and wanted to know where else they could be found.

The latest "National BBQ News" has an ad for this magazine.

"The BBQer - the definitive guide to barbeque and grilling".

* Don't miss out on all the BBQ info, events,
recipes, techniques, equipment, articles and
much, much more!

* Subscribe to The BBQer, the premier magazine
devoted to outdoor cooking.

Here are the contact #'s to subscribe or to get more information:

Pioneer Communications: 1-800-352-8039
dringena@thepioneergroup.com

Batch Publishing: 1-515-280-3786
batchpublishing@aol.com

The ad doesn't give any prices or say how often the magazine comes out. I assume that it is a monthly magazine.

I guess I will give them a call and sign up for a subscription.

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with the lady at Pioneer Communications and placed my subscription order.

"The BBQer" Magazine is a quarterly magazine released every 3 months. The winter issue was already sent out but she is going to send me one anyway so I can catch up on things. Yearly subscription cost is $11.97.

Rocky,

I found the following article at casualliving.com:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>August 2000

Consumer BBQ magazine to debut

The BBQer, a general interest magazine for serious grillers and barbecuers, will make its debut in October, says magazine founder Bruce Ring. Ring says The BBQer will seek to educate outdoor cooks, going beyond the basics of grill or smoker ownership.

"There are 75 million households with grills, and 10% of those grillers care what comes off the grill," Ring says. "Of that number, 10% are really serious cooks, and that's the market we're going after."

Initially, the magazine will be quarterly, with features on the various aspects of grilling and slow cooking, reviews of new equipment and cookbooks, an insert with competition grilling results, events and news from barbecue societies and a classified section.

Plans are for the magazine to debut in time for the American Royal Barbecue in Kansas City, Mo., and the Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational in Lynchburg, Tenn., both of which are in October.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is the source: Casual Living

Manfred

Sounds like a good magazine, I just called up for a subscription myself. Except they are supposobly running low on copies of the Winter issue, so I'll have to wait a month or so until the Spring issue comes out for my first magazine, oh well.

Matt

I just received a sample copy in the mail yesterday. It had my KC BBQ Society membership number on the mailing label, so I guess that's how they found me. It is nicely done. A few of the articles were a little "light" on content, but we'll see how it progresses over time.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back