The baby has arrived

Very nice, you're going to really like that beast. Barb has had a KA mixer nicknamed the "Binford 2000" for 38 years and it's still going strong. I'd bet that mixer has made up enough dough to make a thousand dozen of Christmas cookies and lots of bread dough over the past 38 years.

Orange you glad you waited?
the white was on BO for weeks. i sold my old 6qt KSM in December. wound up getting a great deal on this commercial, 25% off so the pain point was less than budgeted. i'm sure it'll make some amazing whipped cream (jajajajjajaja).

I’ve seriously gone to the deep end with
the white was on BO for weeks. i sold my old 6qt KSM in December. wound up getting a great deal on this commercial, 25% off so the pain point was less than budgeted. i'm sure it'll make some amazing whipped cream (jajajajjajaja).
an ISI nitrous cream whipper! So easy, so fast, as long as you remember where you put the cartridges! I used to treat my sister in law and granddaughter with “open your mouth and close your eyes” the first time they freaked out a little but, the stuff keeps in the fridge for a good week and doesn’t weep if you use a little confectioners sugar when you add sweetness, I don’t add it much anymore, it’s just decadent cream…for the win!

I’ve seriously gone to the deep end with

an ISI nitrous cream whipper! So easy, so fast, as long as you remember where you put the cartridges! I used to treat my sister in law and granddaughter with “open your mouth and close your eyes” the first time they freaked out a little but, the stuff keeps in the fridge for a good week and doesn’t weep if you use a little confectioners sugar when you add sweetness, I don’t add it much anymore, it’s just decadent cream…for the win!
the confectioners sugar has corn starch in it so it hold moisture and shape well for a few days, even when whisk whipping. but food doesn't last more than 2-3 days in my home. thankfully.

As a new KA (though lesser model) owner, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. So far, all I've done is make butter and grind some burgers. But I'm very pleased to this point. The metal grinder attachment worked really well on that first grind.

As a new KA (though lesser model) owner, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. So far, all I've done is make butter and grind some burgers. But I'm very pleased to this point. The metal grinder attachment worked really well on that first grind.
It’s not a model contest. I had my last one for 20 years and outgrew it. People should buy the machine size they need.

I’m looking forward to advancing my skills and developing new bread skills.

And of course, meat grinds and sausages too. We have a long summer ahead.

Last edited:
I’ve had my KA for thirty + years. It’s time for a visit to Larry for some maintenance. I don’t use it as much as many folks around here appear to but, it deserves some love.

If you don't have a dedicated pasta machine the KA attachments are alright.
i used to use a manual, old school pasta maker. as time ran away raising kids and running a business, i stopped the homemade pasta making. for the few times we do eat pasta, i moved from buying Barilla to the Italian one that Costco sells, Garofalo brand? it's been very good.

i'll definitely keep this attachment in mind if i do go back to making fresh pasta. do you recommend the KA branded one or one of the non-KA brands? ease of ownership is always key so simple and fast cleanups for tools, toys, knives, etc are super important to me. i'm lazy as i age.

Back