The actual color.

do they just do the outside, or do they do the inside as well?
That’s a harder question to remember the answer to than I initially thought but I’m pretty sure it was both. Black on the interior. Custom color on the exterior. I don’t seem to have any picture of the underside to 100% confirm, though I think a burnt orange underside would’ve stood out to me as more memorable if that were the case.

I had a lid done last year by IPE for $175. The downside is that the cost of shipping it both ways from NY rolled my total investment to almost $400. Cost of shipping obviously isn’t IPE’s fault, but you’ll want to factor it in. BTW - Jeff and the crew do fantastic work and their custom colors can really make a grill pop.
$175 isn’t terrible! I wonder if they’d do a group or volume discount, lol.

That’s a harder question to remember the answer to than I initially thought but I’m pretty sure it was both. Black on the interior. Custom color on the exterior. I don’t seem to have any picture of the underside to 100% confirm, though I think a burnt orange underside would’ve stood out to me as more memorable if that were the case.

Black is always the base color.
Both sides are always sprayed.

I thought they were closer to St. Louis. If they were, I would have to consider a trip down to visit my sister.

10 minutes away from where I work.

We need to figure out a “piggy back” shipping system from one member to another to help alleviate some of the shipping costs to places like IPE. Someone in Detroit gets it here while they are going somewhere close, then I take it to someone nearer Chicago, they take it to Peoria (or somewhere) then, on to IPE (or Dave, I love to have a visit with you guys and swap stories or lunch something like that to help out a fellow member. I suppose that would mean that the shipping time might be a bit longer than a cartage company but, I’d mule a few parts for someone a hundred miles or so, why not, it’s just an afternoon junket!

Who has done this ? Any pics ?
Jeff has done some stunning work for @Dave in KC.

I got a very fair quote to redo the lids on the old Weber Flat Top I picked up this winter. As @TomRc mentioned, though, you have to add in shipping both ways - which I agree is just a fact of life. For me, that has put this on hold since my Flat Top is slated for real cooking and not another museum piece. I have no doubt that Jeff would have made look them better than new, and I may still go that route. I am going to clean up the rest, first. It would be great to be only ten minutes away from Jeff like @Dave in KC!

Bruce, it's 8 hours from Eau Claire, let's go sometime 👍

You guys are a barrel of laughter on my auto spelling 😉
I meant Refinishing, anyway I spoke to Jeff and he said about 250 bucks on the lid and the left table and the right table, isn't much to the right side.
Yes, shipping will cost a pretty penny I'm sure 🤔

Reach out to Pirate Ship for a quote if you decide to bite the bullet. It should save you some money on the outbound shipping vs UPS, FedEx, etc. IPE return ships via UPS so there’s not much you can do there unless you have your own account to 3rd party bill to.

Back