Thank you Jamie Purviance

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
In his new book “Smoke” he has a recipe for Dijon & Garlic Rib Eye with a little Thyme. You should know this is also available on line…..
http://www.weber.com/grillout/...-with-a-little-thyme
Well we tried it tonight.

The rib eyes...
Rib-Eye-004-L.jpg

The rub....
Rib-Eye-008-L.jpg

The smoke smelled good... Hickory!
005-L.jpg

Guarding & supervising. It just wouldn't be a cook without Buddy.......
020-L.jpg

Done...........
006-L.jpg

I apologize for no plated photos. It sounds like I'm bragging but we sat down and completely forgot. It was good though!!!!!!!!

You can lead a horse to water... but you cant make him grill some great looking rib-eyes.
Thank You . For a great post. (They pay Jaime enough)!
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Coffman:
Excellent looking steaks, before and after! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I totally agree!

Rolf, I was just admiring your expertly grilled/smoked steaks. Thanks for trusting those juicy rib eyes to my recipe. I hope it was worth it. Smoke on!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Guy, that was my oldest son in the hammock "waiting" for dinner. I reserve it, (hammock), for all day smokes.
icon_smile.gif
Yes Jamie, it was indeed worth it.

Rolf

I tried the same recipe for a party, and on my Weber sear grate too! Huge hit, I love that recipe. Looks wonderful.

How do you like your Weber sear grate?

Laura

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laura D:
I tried the same recipe for a party, and on my Weber sear grate too! Huge hit, I love that recipe. Looks wonderful.

How do you like your Weber sear grate?

Laura </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Laura we’ve had the sear grate for a while and truly enjoy it for almost anything cooked direct and hot. As you probably know, it takes a little longer to heat up but holds well after that. For most cooks using it, I use the basket coal holders and place them either directly under the grate or spread out just a little. This cook I used Wicked Good lump, (For hot), with some Hickory chips added.

Since you’ve already sprung for the grate & grill, you may want to consider the griddle as well. It sat for months in the box but once I used it, it now sees regular service. You can cook quite a few things on it while doing your main course indirect.

Thanks,
Rolf

cook-3-005-L.jpg

Back