Texas Wild Boar

Max

TVWBB Member
Just put em on not too long ago, so this is all the pics I have for now. More to come...

From the processor...

9tBKfVS.jpg

Using some Honey Hog Hot rub from Meat Church

eMcDryr.jpg

On the 22 WSM...

MaymgDx.jpg

That is gonna be good! Store bought pork doesn't hold a candle to the wild stuff. Wish I still hunted where there were wild pigs to harvest. Best pulled pork ever!

D'oh! These were the only photos I got of the meat all cooked up. Had a few people over for the cookout and got distracted. I threw on some babybacks a little later into the cook as well, as you can see.

The boar meat was really quite tasty. It was very lean and had a mouth feel kind of like turkey or one of the leaner muscles you would find in a typical pork shoulder. Flavor was great honestly, no gaminess or anything like that. This was an 80lb pig.

I knew it was a lean piece of meat, so I injected it with a little bit of apple juice and also spritzed it with apple juice throughout the cook. Shredded most of the meat and when sauced and on a bun, you couldnt really tell any difference from a pork shoulder you got at the grocery store. Over all, it was a success! Everybody liked it.

4F4IrxF.jpg

jOxGNRt.jpg

Would love to try some wild boar. Wifey loves pork & so do I.
Looks like you cooked it good.

Back