Texas > Ft. Worth: Dayne's Craft Barbecue

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I got to visit Dayne's Craft Barbecue in Ft. Worth Texas last weekend. It's a spot I've been wanting to check out for a long time from the Texas Monthly Top 50 list. They are located at:

9840 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76116

They are currently operating out of a food truck but they have plenty of inside seating on the premises. They are in the process of opening a new location in Aledo, TX that's a full brick and mortar.

The menu.

The seating area.

They also have plenty of outside seating as well.

The smokers. They have a CenTex Smoker's 1000 gallon pit and a 500 gallon road pit that's a Franklin style smoker.

Our tray. We orders a slice of lean, and a slice of Fatty brisket. Both were well cooked and well rendered. I would have liked a touch more seasoning. We ordered a link of Jalapeno Havarti and a link of the Berry Gouda sausage. Both were extremely well executed. This place is known for their sausage. I knew I would love the Jalapeno Havarti, but I didn't expect to like the Berry Gouda as much as I did. I thought it would be overly sweet but it was just perfect.

The star of the show was what they call "Bacon brisket" which is uncured sliced pork belly. They named it that to appeal to Texan's that may not be familiar with pork belly. Bacon Brisket is neither bacon nor brisket. Discuss amongst yourselves.. (If you remember the ancient Mike Myers SNL sketch). I thought it would be way too rich. It was very rich, but a few slices hit the spot.

Another pic of the Tray. The pickles were also made in house and were great to cut through the fattiness of the meat. All in all, this is fantastic place. It's first class barbecue. Although their was a line it was minimal. We showed up maybe 10 minutes before opening and got right in.

Great write up, Dustin. If I may ask, what does that tray you got run? Is that a platter? The food looks great. Especially those sausages. Thanks for sharing!

It was probably 60 or 70 bucks if I remember correctly. It's definitely not cheap. Prices are pretty much in line with every other joint of that caliber, though.

Back