Tequila, lime, chili, salmon and shrimp tacos

Looking tasty bud........
Did up salsa yesterday, and chatting with the MRS as we haven't had any real good tacos in a bit...
Seems like we were on them 2 - 3 times per week and I guess it becomes normal, so it's been a few weeks.
Friday possibly is flank steak tacos....we will see.......yours looks great, seems easy to possibly over cook the shrimp when it's right over the fire!!!!

Wow, I would love to be your neighbor, just hoping that there might be a little extra that gets slid under the fence after everyone at your house has eaten.

But the again, my wife would constantly being saying "Why can't you be more like Brett - did you see the feast that he made today?" Not sure I could handle that all the time. :D

Wow, I would love to be your neighbor, just hoping that there might be a little extra that gets slid under the fence after everyone at your house has eaten.

But the again, my wife would constantly being saying "Why can't you be more like Brett - did you see the feast that he made today?" Not sure I could handle that all the time. :D
Trust me, your wife doesn’t want you to be like me. 😂

I just cook like this for fun. It’s an outlet for me.

You can easily make this dish.

Zest of lime
Juice of one lime
Tequila
Spg
2 pinches sugar
Neutral oil
Chili powder to taste

5 minutes marinate on countertop

Sear across very hot coals

Move to indirect to finish.

The same marinade is on both salmon and shrimp.

If you put too much acid on the seafood, the acid will cook it (ceviche). So less is more and shorter marinate time is better.

Looking tasty bud........
Did up salsa yesterday, and chatting with the MRS as we haven't had any real good tacos in a bit...
Seems like we were on them 2 - 3 times per week and I guess it becomes normal, so it's been a few weeks.
Friday possibly is flank steak tacos....we will see.......yours looks great, seems easy to possibly over cook the shrimp when it's right over the fire!!!!
Yea, you can easily overcook the shrimp and salmon like this. Full focus required to move those proteins and avoid a $40 blunder.

Tacos here in CA are a staple food. Pretty much everywhere and all the time. It’s one of the first things we go get to eat when we come back from vacation. Or a killer burrito.

I saw you doing the roasted salsa. You ever make a fresh salsa? Non cooked?

Trust me, your wife doesn’t want you to be like me. 😂

I just cook like this for fun. It’s an outlet for me.

You can easily make this dish.

Zest of lime
Juice of one lime
Tequila
Spg
2 pinches sugar
Neutral oil
Chili powder to taste

5 minutes marinate on countertop

Sear across very hot coals

Move to indirect to finish.

The same marinade is on both salmon and shrimp.

If you put too much acid on the seafood, the acid will cook it (ceviche). So less is more and shorter marinate time is better.
We eat shrimp tacos on the regular but Ive never been brave enough to grill them for fear of overcooking them. On another note you cooked enough seafood to feed tacos to the neighborhood. Had a large gathering did ya?

We eat shrimp tacos on the regular but Ive never been brave enough to grill them for fear of overcooking them. On another note you cooked enough seafood to feed tacos to the neighborhood. Had a large gathering did ya?
6 adults. And with planned leftovers.

3# shrimp, of which 2# were 21-25 and the other # was 31-40.

The salmon was a 3#.

Oldest son and his GF took home some leftovers and there were maybe 15-20 shrimp leftover after that.

Wife had salmon for lunch/breakfast today with Caesar salad. I had a shrimp bowl with Baja sauce, lime and cabbage.

The guac got finished yesterday. While the cook looked big, it’s pretty much a two day meal including leftovers.

Note, my oldest is 6’ 3” 275#. He’s built like a tank.

Yea, you can easily overcook the shrimp and salmon like this. Full focus required to move those proteins and avoid a $40 blunder.

Tacos here in CA are a staple food. Pretty much everywhere and all the time. It’s one of the first things we go get to eat when we come back from vacation. Or a killer burrito.

I saw you doing the roasted salsa. You ever make a fresh salsa? Non cooked?
Never been a big fan of a bunch of raw veggies, been working my way into that over the past couple years....I love cooked veggies, all of them but raw not so much....Salsa in a jar does not much for me......these roasted veggies however make a salsa that I cannot stop eating. I take it daily for lunch with a handful of corn chips.

Back