Tell me about espresso

When I was researching these, I spent about 30 mins looking at different re-usable pods and decided that could be a future thing, but ran into a bunch of good and bad reviews and it didn't seem worth the effort.

Since this was a gift, I knew "easy button" was a must have. They had an espresso maker but it was a pain to use, a pain to clean and getting coffee with the precise grind to make good espresso or cappuccino needed to be done at a coffee shop as it was a very fine grind.
Yeah I agree, I just need to look at some other brands of pods, other then Nespresso that have been mentioned in this thread.

There are other types when you scroll down on that link, however I had refillable pod for my Keurig coffee maker years ago & I didn't care for it, the same principal probably applies here as well. applies
eons ago i used reusable pods for one machine we had at an office.

it turned out to be a time burner for no net improvement.

i bought my Nespresso based on the quality vs cost vs time model.

i wanted the best possible shot, at a reasonable cost with little to no cleanup.

since i bought my Nespresso 5 or 6 years ago, my SBUX frequency is nill. so i am saving $$ by making my own drinks at home. actual savings is substantial. i budget $0.50 per pod and each day i have a triple shot of something (latte, hot mocha or iced mocha).

so at worst, my coffee runs me less than $2 a day. for the quality and convenience, it's worth it to me/us.

i looked at full blown expresso barista machines for the home. i don't want the cleanup and mess. pulling a traditional shot, for me, takes way too long and too much to clean daily. we have 3-4 people pulling shots at home daily.

the Nespresso pods have been a lifesaver. super happy with pod selection and costs.

YMMV. all depends what your goals and objectives are.

we have the gen prior to this one. and it's still going strong, very strong. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079WD2QZN/?tag=tvwb-20

Last edited:

Back