Teaching Next Generation

Love it! One or two more practice sessions, and I would bet you will have some free time on your weekends (though, your son will need supervision, so it's not like you can get more yard work done....) :)

R

Great job, Dad.

I learned to grill as a kid, even won some 4-H chicken-que contests, but had no clue how to really BBQ. Had to learn on here and by trial and error.

Your son will appreciate the leg up you've given him, and maybe you can turn him loose to cook more while you enjoy the results.

The ribs look great, the story is even better. My 12 year old son and my 11 year old daughter love hanging around and helping at different times of my WSM cooks. So I am hoping that over time they keep gathering info until they are able to take it over themselves. I was so proud last night, my son grabs my wireless temp monitor and he said Dad your grill is too hot it is at 315, you need to get it back into the 200's. I was doing hot and fast chicken without a water pan so the Temps were perfect, but the last few cooks with my new thermometer have been with goals of around 250, so I was impressed. I love cooking inside or outside, but I love it even more when I have one of my kiddos helping and learning.

Back