Tandoori Style Chicken

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Trying to do some new to me recipes so I feel like I've got something useful to share. I stumbled on THIS RECIPE on Serious Eats while surfing through various chicken recipes. I made it mostly true to the recipe (if you don't count swapping out the main ingredient for chicken thighs!) :)

Pretty easy, whip up the marinade/paste with yogurt and some seasonings, and toss the chicken in the fridge for a while (7 hours in my case):

IMG_7373.jpeg

Take the chicken out while the grill is heating up, and I decided I'd go ahead and skewer up the thighs (I mean, the bird WAS skewered in the original recipe, so had to at least try to do it right.....):

IMG_7375.jpeg

Had the grill running about 400F with my Grill Grates for 34 minutes, flipping three times:

IMG_7376.jpeg

Plated the chicken up with some Indian inspired basmati rice, and broiled asparagus:

IMG_7377.jpeg

The chicken was absolutely delicious, and the recipe is for sure a keeper. Only thing it needed was some naan, which I would have made if I had time.... :) Give it a try, if you enjoy this dish at your favorite Indian restaurant, I am sure you will like this version, too!

Rich

....... and you set me up for pot roast. :) Seriously Rich that looks terrific. I could devour a plate of that!
No set up, Cliff, the pot roast fixings are in the fridge, going to do it as a ride along to some ribs tomorrow......not sure how we're going to eat it all, but I suspect there will be a lot of leftover lunches this coming week! :)
Wow what a lot of spice. Love Indian food. Now if you can make a paper dosa with some nice stuffing I would be truly jealous
Ok, well, now I need to go figure out what a paper dosa is! We really like Indian food, too, and this was really easy!
That's not a swap, that's an upgrade! Boneless and skinless?
Skinless and boneful.

R

With apologies to my Indian buddies. Dosa is a bread and a paper dosa is a very large thin pancake or crepe like thing that is rolled up into a large cylinder with or without stuffing.

Back