Survivor: patio edition.

Which would you vote off the island?

• Total voters
Would be interesting to compare the egg and your newest Weber......

Initially it will replace all cooks I'd do on a kettle.

I want to work out really high temp pizza cooks, and cooks where I want both direct and indirect at the same time. That's not something that can be done easily on a large BGE.

Pizza is another area I plan to experiment with.

I love the thread, its been fun to go through.
Good luck with the new grill, this is my year for experimenting with pizza too.
I bought this and it is supposedly specifically made for grills and has pretty specific instructions on it.
You make the dough and cook it over the fire apparently then it cools and you use it from there.
Not sure how it goes yet, I am pretty nervous to mess it up first time around.
link to interact with the product.

1650459802717.png
1650459900541.png

I love the thread, its been fun to go through.
Good luck with the new grill, this is my year for experimenting with pizza too.
I bought this and it is supposedly specifically made for grills and has pretty specific instructions on it.
You make the dough and cook it over the fire apparently then it cools and you use it from there.
Not sure how it goes yet, I am pretty nervous to mess it up first time around.
link to interact with the product.

View attachment 49410
View attachment 49411
Would you like a proven and tested WSC/K pizza dough recipe? I’ve dialed mine in over a bunch of cooks and am happy with it. It’s a NY thin crust style. And I use a pizza steel, which can be substituted with a stone as well.

Dough prep is like 10 mins total. Then you can fridge rise for 24-48 hours our countertop rise for 6-7 hours. The fridge slow rise develops more flavor but either way works just fine.

Looks like they assembled the lower frame incorrectly. Bottom grid is off and the lower vent handle points to the back not the side.20220420_072935.jpg

Would you like a proven and tested WSC/K pizza dough recipe? I’ve dialed mine in over a bunch of cooks and am happy with it. It’s a NY thin crust style. And I use a pizza steel, which can be substituted with a stone as well.

Dough prep is like 10 mins total. Then you can fridge rise for 24-48 hours our countertop rise for 6-7 hours. The fridge slow rise develops more flavor but either way works just fine.

We will see how my trials go, I may hold you to that offer in a month or two. I'm still stuck trying to decide on one thing. The info would appear as these people make this dough on a gasser which of course I am not. I think it also says to make the crust pizza ready at 450 degrees. So I will need a fair sized fire....would I make this on the regular grate and cover it with a stone and risk it breaking......lots of direct heat under it of course....or make the fire really hot on the lower grate where I would normally smoke with the cover over it but not use the cover?

Bottom rack has been properly installed and the ash can repositioned to the correct position.

The bottom arms are not equal length so I had to swap positions of two.

20220420_114828.jpg

20220420_123031.jpg

1650487134730.png
looks correct. are you righty or lefty? i have my sweep on the right hand side of the front leg. allows for the ash bucket pinch to have more room to open, remove and reinstall when emptying and reinstalling.

a very hearty congratulations! you're going to enjoy cooking on the E6.

I picked the BGE as while I am an avid Kamado user (I have had three over the last 10+ years) and now have (only) a Weber Summit Kamado, Kamados are great "All in One" devices....but you have other grills that have all the same functionality, but can do better in each case. ie. it is redundant.

Caputo "Pizzeria" it's at the bottom of your previous link or this one at Amazon:

The red bag is for temps around 500 degrees & the blue is for +700 degrees.
Copy. the 700+ is ideal for Neapolitan style pizzas, and if you have an Ooni or similar type oven where you can envelop the pie in heat all around.

While you can get the WSK to those temps, the problem I've run into is lack of a top heat source/deflector that gets the pizza top more leopard like on its crust.

I, personally, am using the red bag @DanHoo featured above and my desired cook temp is around 500-550F on my pizza steel, and using an aluminum mesh pizza screen. Once the pizza is cooked (around 4-5 mins), I then deck the pizza onto the steel for final crisping/texture.

I'd be curious to see how other WSK owners are using, if they are, the blue bag at 700F temps. I'd like to see how that dough and pizza turns out.

I run a 62% hydration on the 00 red bag flour and it's worked well. Higher hydration than that and the dough texture becomes too weird for my liking.

Thanks for the clarification.

Back