Surprise Spare Ribs

Anthony Hunter

TVWBB Fan
Last night, my mother in law unthawed a 3 pack of spareribs but only wanted one rack. She callled me up and told me to come the other two racks so they would not go to waste. Being the loving and supportive son in law that I am, I went right over and got them. I seasoned them last night and put them on the Lang offset this morning.

Cooked them at 250 degrees straight through, no wrap, on a mix of hickory and oak. They came out delicious! Also made a batch of Mac and Cheese for a side.

IMG_7611.jpegIMG_7613.jpegIMG_7618.jpegIMG_7621.jpegIMG_7622.jpegIMG_7616.jpeg

I admire anyone and everyone who cooks on a stick-burner. I’m now too old and too lazy for that much work, even though I also started out on an offset stick-burner and believe the products produced on a stick-burner are superior to other methods (not to mention this is the original bbq method). I went from a stick-burner to a WSM and a first generation performer and then added a Memphis Pro pellet grill a Genesis E330 and a Q3200. I use the WSM the least. I’m a point where I’m now willing to give up a little quality for a lot of convenience. Hold out as long as you’re able to keep cooking that way. Your ribs look great. I’m looking forward to seeing more of cooks.

I admire anyone and everyone who cooks on a stick-burner. I’m now too old and too lazy for that much work, even though I also started out on an offset stick-burner and believe the products produced on a stick-burner are superior to other methods (not to mention this is the original bbq method). I went from a stick-burner to a WSM and a first generation performer and then added a Memphis Pro pellet grill a Genesis E330 and a Q3200. I use the WSM the least. I’m a point where I’m now willing to give up a little quality for a lot of convenience. Hold out as long as you’re able to keep cooking that way. Your ribs look great. I’m looking forward to seeing more of cooks.
Yes, I really enjoy the old school stick burnin' cooks. There are days when I don't want to tend to the fire and that why I am getting a new WSM 22. I still get great quality BBQ but with less time tending fires. I'm definitely going to get a BBQ Guru for it to help me get some sleep on the long overnight cooks.

Yes, I really enjoy the old school stick burnin' cooks. There are days when I don't want to tend to the fire and that why I am getting a new WSM 22. I still get great quality BBQ but with less time tending fires. I'm definitely going to get a BBQ Guru for it to help me get some sleep on the long overnight cooks.
That was me, too. I predict you’ll join the “dark side” (pellet grill) within a few years!

Back