Superior Quality 304 ssteel grill grates, flav bars, & warming racks for Gen 1000 & Gen Jr.!!

MarkSiebel

TVWBB Fan
Most on this forum may already know where to get the BEEFY most bad a*& grill guts...but if you don't, and have some extra $ to invest in your older model grills Gen 1-5 / Genesis 1000-5500 / Platinum Series I & II.... you will not be disappointed!!!

David Santana flav. bars crazy quality!

grill grates....$ but AMAZING!

Need a quality warming rack for older Gen models AND Gen Jr.?
Contact Jim at Rivers Edge Products. They sell the weber 7513 rack BUT all 304 ssteel. you can get it on AMAZON or contact him directly..WWR7513

Gen Jr. fans?? shorter 19" warming rack!? they can make those too!! WWRJR

Dave Santana can be reached via his SF CL listing for a cheaper price. He charges more on Ebay due to the fees and such.

Unquestionably the top drawer, very best craftsman for the gas grill enthusiast. You will almost certainly will not be disappointed, and if for some unusual reason something did go wrong, you can count on Dave to make it right. So, Larry, there you go. I don't think I can say it any clearer :coolkettle: . I agree with you wholeheartedly that Dave Santana (and Mark Baron of Killa Grilla for kettle grates) are true American craftsman that we should support wherever possible.

My comments about imported alternatives - or for that matter one or two Made in USA products like the extremely nice grates from BBQParts.com - are made only for two reasons:

(1) For regular restorers of mid-line grills like a basic Genesis Silver B, I think it is hard to not wind up losing significantly when most customers don't get it and aren't willing to pay the premium to have the best from an American craftsman. Many buyers of rehabbed grills just want a decent grill at a great price. To meet their need while not pushing out a pile of junk, I am glad that there are some very adequate lower price alternatives.

(2) Even for an end-user, not everyone can justify $200+ for a set of grates and flavorizer bars. Getting a nice grill for a bargain price is one of the reasons many of us started out rehabbing our first classic Weber. To deny that it isn't true that you can spend half as much and still get very nice - no, not the best, but still very nice - parts would be ignoring reality. Would I prefer that these lower priced offerings were all made in the USA? Absolutely! But, while I am willing to go out of my way - and even spend some more money - to support made in America, I also have to be realistic. Additionally, not everything imported is of poor quality. If you look again at my stainless grate comparison, there is a wide range of quality differences among the offerings from different Chinese manufacturers of replacement grates (and flavorizer bars). I think the ones that are trying harder to make a quality product are worthy of some respect, and I don't mind recommending them to someone who needs an alternative to the very best, such as Dave Santana's products.

Last edited:

Yes, that is the way Dave likes to be communicated with. If you use eBay, he has to pay them their fees.

My direct purchase of a set of his stunning grates this past fall came out to $132 delivered to Florida. I haven't priced his 13-bar flavorizers in a while, but I am pretty sure you are looking at $70+. So, that is where I came up with my "$200+" figure.

Worth it? Yes, absolutely, if you are serious about grilling and have the money to spend. Can you set up your older Genesis for about half that and still have a decent grill? Yes. It won't be as spectacular, but if you pick judiciously it can still offer a very good grilling experience and still far superior to the throwaway grills being pushed at the big box stores.

Yes, that is the way Dave likes to be communicated with. If you use eBay, he has to pay them their fees.

My direct purchase of a set of his stunning grates this past fall came out to $132 delivered to Florida. I haven't priced his 13-bar flavorizers in a while, but I am pretty sure you are looking at $70+. So, that is where I came up with my "$200+" figure.

Worth it? Yes, absolutely, if you are serious about grilling and have the money to spend. Can you set up your older Genesis for about half that and still have a decent grill? Yes. It won't be as spectacular, but if you pick judiciously it can still offer a very good grilling experience and still far superior to the throwaway grills being pushed at the big box stores.
Well said.

I have his flavo bars in my grill. I think I paid $65 including shipping or something like that 3 years ago. I had to wait until I sold a few flip grills to be able to afford a set of the grates. But, the best thing is to get both at once if you can. He ships in flat rate boxes, so if he can ship both at once, he only has to charge shipping once.

Are these ‘better’ than the rcplaner bars?

I think you are talking about one and the same guy. Dave Santana is his real name. He is in Burlingame, CA. On eBay his "handle" is "rcplanebuyer" and that is how a lot of people here reference him. While you can buy from him on eBay, he gives a slightly better price if you contact him through San Francisco Bay Craigslist. Just use that to tell him exactly what you want; don't worry about the ad pictures.

Here is a link, but it won't last forever. You may have to start over on Craigslist San Francisco Bay area and search for something like "Weber flavor bars" or "Weber grates."

For a reference point, I bought the 13 bars via Craigslist a couple weeks ago and it was about $68. Would've been $73 (and maybe tax - I don't actually know though) if I'd gone through his eBay store. Even without tax, still saved five bucks - that's a package of good quality dogs to throw on the grill!

Dave, his Flavo bars are definitely very competitive with the better bars on Amazon and ebay. I ordered a set last week from Amazon that were 16 gauge SS and were very nice. I calipered them and they were indeed 16 gauge and felt every bit of it. At $50 delivered, that is a bit of a savings off RCP bars. They were for a flip grill. Otherwise, I probably would have sprung the extra for RCP bars.

>> the flav. bars are $50 plus $18 shipping...WORTH every $$!!

Back