superbowl cook? What is on the menu?

L Weiner

TVWBB Member
I am going with a boston butt - smoky BBQ beans (from cooks illustrated) and cornbread. Oh and I really like the No 5 sauce.

Question for you all on the ABT's. The recipes I have seen say to cook them at 275 for about 1.5 hours. Won't the bacon be completely burned at that point?

Maybe not -- I cook bacon in my stove all the time at 400 for about 25 minutes, so maybe at 275 it's not so bad.

Thoughts?

I wanted some pulled pork and ribs and maybe some moink balls but my wife wants carne asada and aguachiles. So carne asada it is.

Question for you all on the ABT's. The recipes I have seen say to cook them at 275 for about 1.5 hours. Won't the bacon be completely burned at that point?

Maybe not -- I cook bacon in my stove all the time at 400 for about 25 minutes, so maybe at 275 it's not so bad.

Thoughts?
The grease from the meatballs keeps the bacon from getting burnt, in my experience anyway.

I was going to have some friends over and do ABT's, brisket, baked beans, and potato salad. But, its just going to be me and the lady, so brisket and maybe potato salad. I just picked up a 6 lb choice Angus flat from Sam's. I made some No. 5 Sauce last night.

I was just gonna do some burgers,but I rewatched the guy from Tasty Licks doing his "bull horns" so I'm gonna do those.

Probably some ABT(s) and wings with various sauces. I had planned ribs but don't think I am going to be home for 6 hours prior to the game.

Back