Super Crispy fried chicken.

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
I had planned on doing smoked chicken wings today but we had 20-25 mph winds and sideways snow. So instead I set up my fry station in the garage and fried up some super crispy wings.

Had a packet of NOH Hawaiian Spicy chicken seasoning. I’ve never tried it before so gave it a go. I sort of followed the directions. I mixed the packet with the chicken and water and then vacuum packed it and let it marinate for a couple days in the fridge. Today I took it out, dumped it into a bowl and added the flour per the package. Mixed it all up and heated peanut oil up to fry. Decided that I wanted to toss the wings in Panko too so did that. Then into the oil. Came out super crispy. Was a bit disappointed in the seasoning though. Assumed it would have a kick to it. Not so much. There’s a bit of heat but not much and it comes as an after note. The best part is how crispy these turned out. Super crunchy just not as much flavor as I’d hoped for.

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

IMG_4581.jpeg

If a magnet will stick to the pan I understand the pan is compatible. I really want one just have to convince the better half.
Feels like what Case said, would be a large advantage to be able to move the cook station from one place to another.
Especially with a deep fry situation.....I remember the old days when the folks would pull the fryer out from under the counter and heat it up in the house.....that smell hangs around for a while.

Last edited:
Feels like what Case said, would be a large advantage to be able to move the cook station from one place to another.
Especially with a deep fry situation.....I remember the old days when the folks would pull the fryer out from under the counter and heat it up in the house.....that smell hangs around for a while.
On another subject (sorry Case to highjack your thread) is that a Pioneer SX1250 in your avatar? I bought one back in 1976 and I loved that thing until it finally gave up the ghost in 1991. I had six JBL L100's and I went through neighbors every other month :)

On another subject (sorry Case to highjack your thread) is that a Pioneer SX1250 in your avatar? I bought one back in 1976 and I loved that thing until it finally gave up the ghost in 1991. I had six JBL L100's and I went through neighbors every other month :)
My avatar is a Marantz 2270.
Its a good pic of one. Myself I my own is a Marantz 2245. 45 watts per channel and that old school technology really works well.
After a bit of research it is vintage 1971 or 1972......the early ones......they had the really soft tones, I love.
Nothing with "chips " in it compares....especially since I play wax all the time.

I had planned on doing smoked chicken wings today but we had 20-25 mph winds and sideways snow. So instead I set up my fry station in the garage and fried up some super crispy wings.

Had a packet of NOH Hawaiian Spicy chicken seasoning. I’ve never tried it before so gave it a go. I sort of followed the directions. I mixed the packet with the chicken and water and then vacuum packed it and let it marinate for a couple days in the fridge. Today I took it out, dumped it into a bowl and added the flour per the package. Mixed it all up and heated peanut oil up to fry. Decided that I wanted to toss the wings in Panko too so did that. Then into the oil. Came out super crispy. Was a bit disappointed in the seasoning though. Assumed it would have a kick to it. Not so much. There’s a bit of heat but not much and it comes as an after note. The best part is how crispy these turned out. Super crunchy just not as much flavor as I’d hoped for.

View attachment 87017

View attachment 87018

View attachment 87019
Killer cook, Case. That looks really good.

Looks very tasty, but what really caught my eye is that duxtop. Going to look into that
Chuck,
I've had the Duxtop induction burner for 3 years now. Its a work horse. This is the cream of the crop in my opinion. I often use it instead of our electric range. And It works great for deep frying outdoors or as was the case with this cook in the garage (was windy and raining outside). I purchased it through Amazon. Its about $170 last I looked. I've had zero issues with it.

Duxtop Professional Portable Induction Cooktop, Commercial Range Countertop Burner, 1800 Watts Induction Burner with Sensor Touch and LCD Screen, P961LS/BT-C35-D, Silver/Black​

Also interested....I don't know much about induction.....
I thought there was special pans you had to use........does cast work as well or as good?
You can use any pan that a magnet will stick too. Even some stainless works as they sometimes put iron in the bases. Best way to find out is to put a pan on it. If it turns on you're good to go.

Back