Super Bowl Grub - Post Up Your Cooks!

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Getting a chuck started this morning that will later become Pepper Stout Beef. I'm starting early, so I can get ahead of the steadier rain later on. I'll get some smoke on it, chill it in the fridge, and finish it in the oven before game time. Also doing some Korean wings.

1676214315005.jpeg

I’ve done that a couple times. Ruined the bark on my last one by covering in a pan with liquid in the bottom.
Looking forward to seeing how you like yours.
I don't know if I'll steam. I had it smoking at 220 for a while while I went shopping. Bringing up the heat to 275ish.

Beautiful day for wine tasting.
Got pole position on the ride down. Didn’t have a car in front of until right before old school road. Then open again. I drove like the road should be driven. Felt great.

Highly recco the Jana Winery Sparkling Brut. 55% unoaked Chard and 45% Pinot. Crisp, clean, green apple and pear notes. Great breakfast wine.

Last edited:
16 pounds of wings. Just grilled with s/p and then tossed in three different sauces.

The GrillGrates really help keeping this from being a fireball.

Attachments

• 1A4705BE-A83E-463E-A95D-FB90EDFEAC1E.jpeg
    1A4705BE-A83E-463E-A95D-FB90EDFEAC1E.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 15
Threw together a pizza for supper. Beer salami, jalapeños and black olives with smoked gouda and mozzarella, spun up on the Pizzazz rotating pizza oven.

Pizza.jpg

We did salmon three ways for dinner. A poke, torch seared and pan seared like a blackened salmon. Boiled some broccoli in salted water and steamed up some basmati rice. And lots of water. Needed to dilute the residual grape juice. No pics. Too lazy.

Lots of great cooks today by you all! Some good eats all across the states.

I didnt take any pics, but I did wings on my Jumbo Joe, and two combo pizzas on the Kamado Joe Classic with the DoJoe.
Then I watched the Chiefs squeek out a field goal for the win.
Haha, I said 'For the win'.

Last edited:

Back