Sunday Southern Comfort Food

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I picked up a couple of pork butts on sale at the store I work at on Friday. This one was injected
Saturday afternoon with Butcher Pork injection, wrapped and put in the refrigerator.
DSC_8521.jpg

This morning the butt was coated with mustard and seasoned with Butcher Premium rub and brought
up to room temperature while I was getting the WSM fired up. Butt onto the WSM with a few chunks
of pecan and cherry wood. Water pan was full. Temperature at the time was right at 225.
DSC_8526.jpg

11 hours later it was rested and then pulled. I wanted a few more pictures on the smoker but it
gets dark way too early now and my lighting sucks!
DSC_8536.jpg

Plated with fried green tomatoes, fried okra and some jalapeno poppers that I put on the smoker
when the butt came off. Jalapenos were coated with cream cheese and then a small slice of my
home made Canadian bacon was put on top.
DSC_8539.jpg

Everything was lip smacking good! Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Thanks for looking!

Wonderful! You guys are really getting me excited for the pork i'm putting on the WSM next weekend.

Man that looks so d LISH us. It's hard not to pull the trigger on a WSM. I just have to be patient but with posts like this, it's tough. Great looking cook Mike.

Mike, everything looks and sounds AWESOME!!
butt dude, your plate....
DSC_8539.jpg

it looks too ORGANIZED! or Empty.....
I'll eet all that after i mush it all together to make room for MORE!! :D

Back