Sunday Pulled Pork

Erik Tracy

TVWBB Pro
Last day of the 4th of July holiday weekend and did some pulled pork for the family.

5.7lb bone-in pork butt. Day before I slathered it with honey mustard and dusted with my own rub of sweet with some heat. Let it set up overnight before an early morning smoke on Sunday.
prepped.jpg

Meat on at 6:00am. 18WSM was set up with a Soo's Donut load of KBB and buried chunks of wild cherry and pecan (3 each). 1/2 full chimney load of lit briquettes in the center and a target temp of 240F at the dome thermometer. I hit a long stall between 1pm and 2:45pm where internal temp barely rose. When I got to 204F I checked for tenderness and then let it rest inside for about 30 minutes. It was about a 10hr cook. That ain't burnt - that's bark! :D
done.jpg

Pulled and plated. Waffle cut sweet potato fries, wok cooked spinach as a lazy stand-in for collard greens, baked beans, sweet Hawaiian rolls and missing from the shot a big bowl of potato salad.
plated.jpg

Plenty of smiles, nods, and mouthful thumbs up!

Last day of the 4th of July holiday weekend and did some pulled pork for the family.

5.7lb bone-in pork butt. Day before I slathered it with honey mustard and dusted with my own rub of sweet with some heat. Let it set up overnight before an early morning smoke on Sunday.
View attachment 95366

Meat on at 6:00am. 18WSM was set up with a Soo's Donut load of KBB and buried chunks of wild cherry and pecan (3 each). 1/2 full chimney load of lit briquettes in the center and a target temp of 240F at the dome thermometer. I hit a long stall between 1pm and 2:45pm where internal temp barely rose. When I got to 204F I checked for tenderness and then let it rest inside for about 30 minutes. It was about a 10hr cook. That ain't burnt - that's bark! :D
View attachment 95367

Pulled and plated. Waffle cut sweet potato fries, wok cooked spinach as a lazy stand-in for collard greens, baked beans, sweet Hawaiian rolls and missing from the shot a big bowl of potato salad.
View attachment 95368

Looks like an excellent meal! I’m sure your guests were very happy. :love:

View attachment 95366

View attachment 95367

View attachment 95368

Looks great Erik!
What time's supper?

Back