Sunday night steaks

Tom Rotta

TVWBB Fan
A couple of boneless NY Strip steaks for dinner tonight.

DSC00161.jpg

On the grill with a couple of baked taters.
DSC00163.jpg

Ready to eat. Steak covered in horseradish (my favorite way to eat it). Potato and some corn.
DSC00164.jpg

First bite!
DSC00165.jpg

It was all sooo good. Thanks for looking.

Great looking steaks....Tom what are those grates you have on top of your regular grates?

Nice strips Tom...they look real good! Your grates give ya pretty decent grill marks. Hope ya had a good beer to wash some of that horseradish down?

Looks good!

I did have a good beer Morgan. Local beer from San Tan Brewery in Chandler AZ. Sun Devil Ale. I know that horseradish looks heavy but it wasn't very strong IMO. I guess living here in AZ, I've gotten used to eating hot spicy food? I just like it better then steak sauce LOL.

Tony, they are a cast iron grate called a "Mangrate" http://www.mangrate.com I got it for Christmas 2 years ago. I like them. Gave a friend a set as a house warming gift this past year. He loves them too.

Do you have the $80 package? Seems like a lot to spend just for some sear marks but boy do they look good! Do they improve the cooking as well?

Nice Tom! We live the ole horseradish on our beef also. We were going to do NYS'S but decided to do some Ribeye's. no picks this week, taking a final exam with no time to play around. Nice!

RGleason, I do have that set, but I don't think she paid that much. I think she got them for around $30 through some promotional offer. I've seen the same set at Ace Hardware for $50 before. I do like the seer I get with them. I usually put the steaks on for a few minutes, 1/4 turn for a few minutes. Flip them and do the same, then move to indirect heat to finish them.

Last edited:

Back