Sunday Night Pizza

EricV.

TVWBB Guru
Pizza is a labor of love & cooking them at high heat in a small oven certainly presents its challenges, follow the pics:

The Set-up Onni Karu 12.jpg
Caputo 00 Blue Bag, temps hovered between 750-850 degrees.

Black Olives & Shrooms.jpg
First pie always gets a little burned around the edges.

Pepperoni & Jalapeno.jpg
Oven is settling in.

Underneath.jpg
I like what I see.

Meatball & Shrooms.jpg
Pesto, Chicken Bacon.jpg
I used Rich G's recipe for the dough, thanks for dropping by:

Pizza is a labor of love & cooking them at high heat in a small oven certainly presents its challenges, follow the pics:

I used Rich G's recipe for the dough, thanks for dropping by:

Great looking pies, Eric! Looks like the dough worked out well for you!

I hear you on the challenge of lots of heat in a small space.....keeps you on your toes (and your oven is smaller than mine!!!)

With all the great fruit available now, it's time for some fruity pies! Thinly sliced peaches, mozz, finished with a balsamic glaze. Thinly sliced figs, burrata, provolone with some basil to finish. Sky's the limit!

R

Great looking pies, Eric! Looks like the dough worked out well for you!

I hear you on the challenge of lots of heat in a small space.....keeps you on your toes (and your oven is smaller than mine!!!)

With all the great fruit available now, it's time for some fruity pies! Thinly sliced peaches, mozz, finished with a balsamic glaze. Thinly sliced figs, burrata, provolone with some basil to finish. Sky's the limit!

R
Well Rich, I have to admit this was my second or third try with your recipe, the recipe is really good, I like the idea of one day dough. My first two efforts didn't work as well, I was burning the bottom of the crust a lot, I have since replaced the Ooni Cordierite stone with a Biscotto stone from Italy. I think I am going to really like this stone, here's a link on it:

Well Rich, I have to admit this was my second or third try with your recipe, the recipe is really good, I like the idea of one day dough. My first two efforts didn't work as well, I was burning the bottom of the crust a lot, I have since replaced the Ooni Cordierite stone with a Biscotto stone from Italy. I think I am going to really like this stone, here's a link on it:

That recipe was my adaptation of the official VPN recipe, and I'm glad you seem to be having some good success with it. Same day dough definitely reduces the plan ahead quotient for pizza night! I've frozen it, too, with decent results. I do a fridge defrost overnight, and then get it out at RT in the am (back in the fridge as needed if the yeast get feisty.)

I'm certain that a biscotto floor in my oven would be an improvement (especially at Neo temps.....cordierite just BURNS), but I've been happy enough with the 800'ish degree temps and results that I haven't wanted to spend the money.

R

Those are some amazing looking pies Eric.
I will take a couple of each please.

I would really love to get a decent pizza oven.
The best ones I can make come from an elevated steel in my kettle surrounded with a ring of hot coals and wood chunks.
Oven pizza on a hot stone while nice is in a different league.
Once again those look amazing.

Back