Sunday Cook!Spares and Grilled Peach Pie(PICS)

CHARLES JOHNSON

Great Sunday for a cook, decided on a couple of racks of Spares and a grilled peach pie. Peeled and grilled 3.5 lbs of fresh peaches (found recipe on the web) http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pies...d-skillet-peach-pie/ . Indirect heat 310-320 degrees for 2 hours turning after 1st hour. YUMMY!!

I tried something new with the spares. I found a recipe calling for ground apple powder. I couldn’t find apple powder and was way too lazy to grind my own dried apples so my buddy Paul suggested I try store bought apple cider powder mix.

It is very sweet so I mixed it with my standard rub. I added chunks of apple wood to my lump and basted with a combination of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, water and of course some more apple cider powder. WOW!!!

Pain n d butt peeling and pitting peaches!
102_2634.jpg

Watch them or they'll burn!
102_2637.jpg

Mixed and ready to go!
102_2639.jpg

Grill is at 320!
102_2640.jpg

2 hours later!
102_2646.jpg

AWESOME!!!
102_2650.jpg

Apple cider powder rubbed spares!
102_2638.jpg

Looking good!
102_2642.jpg

Basted with the special nectar! The scrapps are history.

102_2647.jpg

Too hot to handle!
102_2651.jpg

OOOHHHH my GOODNESS!!!!
102_2654.jpg

Unreal!!! Fantastic cook...and thanks for linking the recipe. It's definitely going on the "to do" list.

Good golly that there looks like heaven on earth!

Man I got to try that pie, and the ribs look great also.

Not that the ribs look bad in any way because they look mighty fine, but I'd have to pass on them and hit that peach pie like a starvin animal. Absolutely fantastic looking!

Charles, now don't get me wrong. The ribs look good. But that is one MIGHTY FINE PIE! I Love pie! Gonna try that.

Charles, who'd a thunk it? Those ribs and grilled peach pie are amazing. Thanks for the great documentary.

Just lost a bet to my daughter for the last piece of peach pie. Darn it!! She still has 2 more years before she's off to college! Darn kids!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the compliments. Whoever tries this let us know what you think.

Back