Summit Charcoal Section?

John_NJ

TVWBB Wizard
I was interested in topics relating to the Summit Charcoal and Summit Charcoal Kamado and see there isn’t a dedicated section for these unique grills.

Would it be possible to create a section?

What say ye sisters and brothers?

787AC3C2-2FF7-44F1-AAFC-E62B4A3FDD23.jpeg

Summit charcoal discussion is currently housed within the Weber Charcoal Kettle Grills subforum. I hesitate to open new forums because we have a lot as it is and you can get too granular, which can be overwhelming to new members. We could have a kettle forum, a Performer forum, a Master-Touch forum, a Summit charcoal forum, a Ranch kettle forum...I'm not saying no, but I'm not ready to do it right now.

Can we get a sticky at the top, and then we could tag our WSK specific tips tricks etc?

#WSKingOfAllKettles
Yeah, a dedicated thread on using it and how to’s might be of help/value to others. I think many of us here have lead the way on tips and tricks on much of what the WSC/K is capable of and how to approach different cooks.

Yeah, a "FLAIR" type tag available on a thread could help focus a discussion and help sort/filter etc.

See this thread:

but but but its not a kettle
insulated kettle?

Weber calls low end grills "Original Kettle Charcoal Grill", but when they add a lid thermometer, hinged cooking grate, and lid holder they call it "MasterTouch Charcoal Grill." When they add a layer of metal inside the lid and bowl to create an air insulating effect, they call it a Kamado. But I thought Kamados were ceramic?

In the end, it's all just words and marketing.

insulated kettle?

Weber calls low end grills "Original Kettle Charcoal Grill", but when they add a lid thermometer, hinged cooking grate, and lid holder they call it "MasterTouch Charcoal Grill." When they add a layer of metal inside the lid and bowl to create an air insulating effect, they call it a Kamado. But I thought Kamados were ceramic?

In the end, it's all just words and marketing.
Chris- I appreciate this forum, and the addition of the “wsk” tag is helpful.

Also, you have been doing this for a long time and I am really new to this world.

And, it must be a challenge to balance all the things that demand your time and this forum.

The Summit Charcoal/ Kamado is “different” from any other Weber kettle…in my opinion.

Just saying.

Thanks again for having me in this wonderful forum.

Cheers

Yeah, a dedicated thread on using it and how to’s might be of help/value to others. I think many of us here have lead the way on tips and tricks on much of what the WSC/K is capable of and how to approach different cooks.
Did we ever get a singular thread on using WSK? Or should I just browse the tags for multiple how to threads?

Just follow @Brett-EDH .

The next best thing to an actual WSK forum.
that's funny. i should start a YT channel on using and cooking with the WSK. it's one helluva easy cooker to use though and puts out great results with not a ton of effort. oh, and it can be used when the electricity goes out. no plugs or electricity needed. cooking nirvana.

old school, like my car, which is a 6sp manual.

that's funny. i should start a YT channel on using and cooking with the WSK. it's one helluva easy cooker to use though and puts out great results with not a ton of effort. oh, and it can be used when the electricity goes out. no plugs or electricity needed. cooking nirvana.

old school, like my car, which is a 6sp manual.
You post a video with your charcoal loading technique and vent settings for low and slow and I'll watch it.

Creating a subforum for the WSK would make me feel like I need one :rolleyes:
I am no expert, but a strong proponent of the “buy once cry once” philosophy.

Based on some advice I received on this forum, I decided that if I was going to give charcoal grilling a try, I might as well give it a good try.

I am only 5 months in, but it looks like the money I spent on the WSC was money well spent.

Fwiw

Back