Summer time and the livin is easy........

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
tYTWw0m.jpg

Spun a chicken last night on the Wolf. One thing I love about the size of it is that I can accomplish grilling all my veg while spinning the bird and have all done at once. The rub on that bird BTW is Weber KC Rub. I usually make my own rubs but the flavor and quality of these Weber rubs makes me wonder why I waste my time. Yeah...............They're THAT good. Not cheap but not expensive. Certainly more efficient than making my own and every bit if not more tasty than my own. Sam's carries them in a large jar BTW and variety of flavors. Me and the family are partial to the KC Rub

That looks like a pretty heart healthy cook there Larry. I hope you treated yourself to at least a little bit of that chicken skin.

Damn straight I did Bruce. I gotta get SOME enjoyment LOL. It's nice though because I could use the 2 burners on either side of the drip pan and grill away while my bird spun. On my Genesis I'd have to use a separate grill to do the veg though I have to say in many ways I like the way a bird comes out a little better on a Genesis (old style) than with the IR burner. But if I had to live with only this I'd be ok

Sacrifices. We all have to make them from time to time. But you remind me that I have a bird in the freezer that needs to hit the merry go round soon.

Last edited:
A local grocery chain often has Weber rubs for a buck each, but my favorite, Steak & Chop, is usually sold out when I get there.

Fish are jumpin' and (oh, I don't know anything about the cotton...)

Yeah - but on a "whirlibird", try some of the Penzey's Greek Seasoning (inside and out) IMHO, that stuff is DA BOMB (and I don't use that term loosely...) ;-P

Last edited:
Fish are jumpin' and (oh, I don't know anything about the cotton...)

Yeah - but on a "whirlibird", try some of the Penzey's Greek Seasoning (inside and out) IMHO, that stuff is DA BOMB (and I don't use that term loosely...) ;-P

I have some of that, I got a small jar as a free sample from Penzey's, will give it a try.

Back