Summer of Genny

BobW

TVWBB Fan
Restored my CL Genesis 1000 back at the beginning of the summer. I have to say, Ive been very impressed with this grill, and so glad i found this community to inspire me in this direction. Its been a great summer of grilling, while looking forward to many more. Thanks to all here for the welcome, advice and support. Not just for me , but ALL the members that have been inspired by the restores and advise posted on this site. find myself checking Craigs list every morning now looking for just the right 'Redhead' for my next project. Wishing you all a great Labor Day BBQ! heres a pic of some cornish hens and squash on the Genny last night.
hens_zpsvx3jidbd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You're spot on, in the two years my wife and I have been forum members our cooking talents have increased ten fold due to the help and creative sharing of all the forum members. Although we are nowhere near the skill levels of some of these folks the fun factor we have in our cooks now are off the charts.
As far as your 1000 goes, still have mine that I bought new in 1999, one great grill.
Hope you have a great Labor day weekend too!

I am in a different, yet similar boat as the rest of you. While I've owned a Kettle for almost 30 years, this summer, heck, this past 3 weeks is my first experience with a Weber gasser. After buying and restoring an old redhead, I can honestly say that this is the best cooking grill I've ever owned. Add to that this stinkin' website which has forced me to expand my skills and I can say that I am a better cook after just a few weeks. Still, that hasn't stopped me form doing and enjoying simple food like the Bourbon burgers I posted.

The only problem that's come from stepping up my game is that people are starting to expect things...

Back