Stuffed Poblano with Broccoli

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
So, too hot to cook inside again, so had to come up with something. My Poblano plant has produced three peppers that I was going to let ripen to red, but it seems the plant doesn't want to produce any more than the first three......so, I plucked one, cut out one side, diced up what I removed, mixed with some leftover bolognese, and whaddya know, instant Mexican-Italian fusion! :) Had some broccoli hanging out in the fridge, so decided to season (olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika), and roast on the Q200. I had the Q on low the whole cook, with a pseudo indirect set up for the pepper. About 20-25 minutes for the broccoli, and 15 minutes for the pepper (added some mozzarella to keep the Italian vibe going.....) :)

IMG_6875.jpeg

IMG_6876.jpeg

IMG_6878.jpeg

Had a bit of avocado crema leftover from the other day, so had that for a bit of dipping. Really fun to pull a meal for one like this together out of the fridge and garden.

Happy Monday!

R

Looks tasty. I like stuffing poblanos. We usually do them for breakfast with a bacon, sausage potato mixture. I like to serve mine with a fried egg on top.

Back