Stubb's Briquettes Clearance...

Joe W.

My local Lowe's has 15lb bags for $4.49. Plus another 5% off if you use their card, I paid about $4.27/bag. I've been seeing these prices
being reported sporadically across the States. When I was in the store tonight the shelf price listed $8.99. I asked an employee to
scan the bag and it registered at $4.49. :D

Not much of the pallet left at Lowe's. :rolleyes:

Just thought I would pass on the sale to the rest of you with a store in your area.

Last edited:
My local Lowe's has 15lb bags for $4.49. Plus another 5% off if you use their card, I paid about $4.27/bag. I've been seeing these prices
being reported sporadically across the States. When I was in the store tonight the shelf price listed $8.99. I asked an employee to
scan the bag and it registered at $4.49. :D

Not much of the pallet left at Lowe's. :rolleyes:

Just thought I would pass on the sale to the rest of you with a store in your area.

Joe, it would be really helpful if we knew about where you live since some of these sales are regional only.

Thanks, I'll check it out tommorrow
Good luck CHill, hope you find some.

Joe, it would be really helpful if we knew about where you live since some of these sales are regional only.
Bob, I live in Iowa. Right where Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois intersect. Sorry I left this info out.

When I checked today, the Lowe's online site (for my city) had the sale price listed for 'store pickup'.

Anyway, looks like for the first time in many years I won't need to take advantage of the Memorial Day Kingsford sale.

Happy grilling and smoking to everyone! :)

Last edited:
I was curious, so I did a quick breakdown per pound.

The following is factoring in the holiday sales with two assumptions - Kingsford 2x20lbs = $9.99 and Kingsford 2x18.6lbs =$9.99.
Maybe the sale is $9.95???

Figuring holiday sale price for Kingsford is $9.99:

$9.99 divided by 40 pounds(2x20) is 24.9 cents a pound.
$9.99 divided by 37.2 pounds(2x18.6) is 26.8 cents a pound.
$4.27 divided by 15 pounds(1x15) is 28.4 cents a pound.

I love Kingsford, but for the extra couple of cents a pound... I loaded up on Stubb's.

Happy Friday everyone!

I checked a Houston store and the Stubb's was still regular price. I'm going to keep and eye on the website to see if that changes.

I was able to get the $4.27 a bag deal mentioned at the Lowes in Carbondale, IL. Picked up 6 bags this afternoon.

Thanks for the heads up Joe W!

I checked a Houston store and the Stubb's was still regular price. I'm going to keep and eye on the website to see if that changes.
Sorry to hear that Pat. Keeping an eye on the website is a great idea. Hopefully you will catch it.

I was able to get the $4.27 a bag deal mentioned at the Lowes in Carbondale, IL. Picked up 6 bags this afternoon.

Thanks for the heads up Joe W!

Glad to hear you were able to get some at clearance price. Rumor is Lowe's is getting rid of the Stubb's 15lb bag at selling point of $8.99 and replacing with new stock of 14lb bag for $9.99.
Kind of like Kingsford (and I mean kind of like) did with the 2x20 to 2x18.6 transition.

Just checked the Lowes website for the Los Angeles stores and it comes up 8.99. Will check again next week.

I was out and about this morning and stopped by the Lowes in Arnold, MO.
They had 8 bags priced at $9.99 per bag, a buck higher than their website pricing.

One of my local Lowes is sold out, but the other store is showing 20 bags in stock for $4.49/bag.... never used Stubbs... but if I can make it there today will be buying a bunch of bags

I stopped by my local Lowes store, Newburgh NY, and picked up six 15 lbs bags of Stubbs at their sale price of $4.69 a bag. I never tried Stubbs before, but for that price it's worth a try.

F500FFF7-8B91-45F5-97D0-2672A33E9B97_zpsfzd9jhli.jpg

9C1E4EFF-F2EF-4779-A898-3CCE526B62E3_zpshym3ji8t.jpg

Well I cleaned out my local Lowes. 27 bags!!!

I live near twin cities and one side of the river is regular price and the other is the sale price. The one that is regular price only had one bag in stock and I could not find it to get the sale price. I will visit the other store tomorrow, it says they have 64 bags in stock. Be careful to ensure it is lump charcoal and not briquettes. The one store had a lot of briquettes 14# bags, but no lump 15# bags.

Be careful to ensure it is lump charcoal and not briquettes. The one store had a lot of briquettes 14# bags, but no lump 15# bags.

Umm, this thread is talking about 15 lb. bags of Stubbs briquettes, says so in the title.

Last edited:
Found a store 'near-by' that had the $4.49 clearance price. I placed an order for 11 15-pound bags plus some 69 cent filler in order to use a $10 off $50 purchase coupon, bringing the total to $40.07.

With the coupon, I'm paying 24 cents/pound. I placed 2 orders, so I have to figure out a way to haul 22 bags :)

Last edited:
Glad to hear some of the stores around you folks are having the sale price. Hopefully the rest of you will soon.

That's a nice haul CHill. I bought quite a bit too and might just swing by the store tomorrow to see what they have left.

Great price on the 11 bags William. I doubt you'll ever find Stubb's for 24 cents a pound anytime soon.

Back