Storm Preparations

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
The 26" got a break Saturday and the double deuce had to triple down. I had a lot of fun. I prepared and cooked from 11 am until after 9. We saved most of this for Sunday and will have a little left over for the week.....not much.
The double deuce from day until night.
008.jpg

016.jpg

Started with the RSC recipe and technique that some of you posted and thought I'd give it a whirl.
006.jpg

013.jpg

The skin was discarded but this will definitely by done again. We enjoyed it!
Next was the standard burgers and dogs, we luvs us some hot doggies. The burger were seasoned with McCormick's hambuger seasoning.
011.jpg

029.jpg

I'm not a ketchup fan at all so it's just spicy brown mustard, relish or pickles and chez.
These wings were UNBELIEVABLE! they were seasoned with Penzey's BBQ 3000 and spun in the basket for about 45-55 minutes. After they wer broke out, placed directly over the coals and crisped up and flipped. Towards the end they were smathered in some SBR sweet and spicey. FAB U LISH US!!
017.jpg

019.jpg

Brought in to let rest, it was tough not to tear into them...only a few are missing...honest
022.jpg

025.jpg

I had a lot of fun and a lot of good food for us to enjoy.
Thanks a bunch for looking and we hope you all have a great, safe week. Hunker down peeps!

Love the look of those wings! Flying east into the storm today myself. Should I be getting paid double time?

Nice looking storm prep Gene!! All looks super buddy! Hope you fair well ...be safe and take care!

Wow, I'll be over to help eat it all. But where to start? Burgers and dogs, wings.... nice job on everything!

Thanks everyone for looking and the kind words. Everythings alright here, just missed us. NJ & NY got walloped though. I hope all our friends and families are ok up there.

Gene - That's a great way to prep! Everything looked fantastic. Hope you made out ok...I hv a bunch of family up north and they are all in the dark...but safe.

Back