Storm is coming…

Jason Godard

TVWBB Pro
With the impending storm and the threat of quite a bit of snow starting tonight, I’m doing the only logical thing I could think of.

Smoking some baby back ribs.

Instead of getting the temp up to 225F, I got it started and put the ribs on for some cold smoke. It’s getting there, slow and sure.

***I should have said this earlier, stay safe.***

Attachments

• 32991E81-91E4-4E86-BABD-A5CCCFFF84E5.jpeg
    32991E81-91E4-4E86-BABD-A5CCCFFF84E5.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Sounds like a great plan to me, I may do the same. We had bought a bunch of food for an annual family reunion for my wife's family, and one of the main guests suddenly passed away, so plans were of course cancelled, though the freezer was packed full. I have been cooking ribs and pork butts quite regularly lately, incoming snow seems like a good reason to throw another rack on. (y)

I envy you guys that get to BBQ in the snow (reasonable snow) We don't get snow where I live, but I used to take my son to Lake Tahoe before he could drive himself. I always stayed at Doc's Cottages, for two reasons

1) They're just behind Harvey's about a 2 minute sober walk, 10 minute not so sober
2) I could BBQ in the snow

Anyone else in kalifornia wishing to BBQ in the snow, I reconmmend Doc's Cottages

Went out today and filled two 5 gallons gas container up for the generator. Filled up one propane tank also, so I have one and a half tank ready.
So bring it on.

I envy you guys that get to BBQ in the snow (reasonable snow) We don't get snow where I live, but I used to take my son to Lake Tahoe before he could drive himself. I always stayed at Doc's Cottages, for two reasons

1) They're just behind Harvey's about a 2 minute sober walk, 10 minute not so sober
2) I could BBQ in the snow

Anyone else in kalifornia wishing to BBQ in the snow, I reconmmend Doc's Cottages

I’ll be grilling in 54° weather this eve. Thank you. Don’t need snow. My car doesn’t work in snow.

It looks like this particular batch of misery will leave me alone! After I planned to do several indoor cookery projects! Did a quick pork steak and cauliflower cook tonight before the temp drops (does NOT look like a huge snow event, just getting more seasonably cold)
The pork steaks turned out reasonably well, dashed with some Kikoman ponzu sauce and a wee shake of soy. Dusted lightly with 5 spice and indirect on the 18. Half a head of cauliflower tossed with salt, pepper and, evoo. Should have put the cauliflower on before the turn, a bit too crisp for SWMBO. I’ve not used the smaller grill enough! Another little bit of “Weberfication” technique to develop and hone!
Had I used the 22, easy peasy but, trying to get better acquainted with the 18, we are still kind of in the “dating” stage there.
The 22”? Well, suffice to say, we know how to please each other. So to speak.

Sauced? Or just rub?

Looks very good. Real good!
Thanks, I usually describe my cooks and I forgot.
I coated with mustard, then Oakridge Dominator Sweet Rib Rub(a dry rub), then smoked starting at 100F and brought it up to 225F on my performer over 3 hours with Cowboy Briquets in a water filled Slow n Sear.
Wrapped in foil after coating with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ, some honey and brown sugar.
The weather turned for the worse, so I finished in the oven At 325F For a couple hours.

Last edited:
Looks good! I’m a fan of the Dominator/SBR/combo too!
We’ve got some nasty weather heading our way overnight, got everything covered already. The only fire is inside today!
408B2344-F398-470C-B102-634ACC472861.png
4BC63105-DB6B-4D0F-A805-5E1EF1931268.jpeg

Back