Store Rotisserie Chicken versus Homemade

With store priced rotisserie chicken so cheap it's hard to justify doing itself on price alone, I think you just have to enjoy doing and/or like the results better

I was unsure the quality & how long it'd sat under the heat lamp when I last bought mine. I almost felt a little uneasy putting it in enchiladas, but they were gone within 2 days.

There's also quality / convenience / safety / taste / technique concerns. As good as it is/isn't you just don't know that much about it.

Guilty as charged. We have a Costco within five minutes of us so it’s VERY convenient. We went in for a few things and Nancy usually ends up with a Rotisserie chicken. On the way out I spotted a 40” TV with built in Roku for $299.00. Yep, I bought it. I’m weak………..

Not sure if they still do it, but wife's church held chicken dinners, and would buy a large order of roti birds from Costco.
Served cut in half with homemade sides.
I'm sure it upped the profits compared to buying and preparing them in their own kitchen.

Barb and I watch for Sanderson's whole chickens on sale at 99 cents a pound and pick up a few. Sanderson's farms only run around 2% salt which is the lowest we've found so for about $6.oo I can get a six pounder which is perfect for us. I've tasted Costco's and it's very good except to salty for me

My son does the roto-chicken where he works. The chickens are ordered fresh (delivered in a brine) and straight from the brine onto the roto (24 at a time) I asked him, why don't you rinse them before you put them on and he said "nobody is complaining and they sell 75+ a day"

If other stores are doing that...that would explain the saltiness of them

Back