Storage Suggestions

JS Lockwood

I'm wondering if any of the fine members here can offer up some examples/suggestions as to how they are storing all of their BBQ gear. Right now I have an old 4-burner gas grill that is gutted out that is being used to house the bulk of my smoking/grilling gear but it's getting to the point where I know I'm going to have to get something a little more practical. With gloves, 2 chimneys, various wood chunks, different sized grill pans, etc....it's a mess. Thanks

My BBQ stuff gets stored in a yard barn that is about 30 feet away from where I grill and Q. I store everything there with the exception of
things that get washed, like tongs and utensils that stay in the house until ready for use, which is about everyday in the nice weather. The kettles,
smokers and old genesis live outside where they are used and stay there all the time.

Ditto on the patio box suggestion. Mine holds all my smoke wood, charcoal, grill tools, supplies, starter chimney, etc...

See my post last week about storing cheap clear plastic lighters in these boxes. In direct sun, it can get toasty inside the box. My 3-pack of lighters (unopened) actually exploded and blew the lids completely off the box. I am assuming the fuel expanded in the hear and caused the plastic housing to give way.

Back