Stokerlog Version 6

Ah yes. I did follow the logic of stoker itself which likewise doesn't have a low alarm for food probes as that "can't happen." I can add it though.

Can you find the stokerlog log file and see what you have at the end of it if you haven't overwritten it since?

Ok trying to set admin rights so i right click on stoker log select properties then security then administrator then click add i get the select user or group screen

Select this object type:

From this location

Enter the object names to select:

"Im lost."

In the Start menu type:

Stokerlog. When the list shows up with a link to stokerlog, right click on it and select Properties.

Then select the Compatibility tab. All the way at the bottom you should see Privilege Level. Under that there is a check box saying "Run this program as administrator." Simply check that box.

Amir -

Just to make sure I didn't confuse you - I would like to see the Low Temp Alarm for the Pit Probe - not the Meat Probe.

Unless I am missing a set up feature, I am assuming the only way to get the low temp alarm on the pit probe is when it is a control probe controlling a blower / fan. Since I am not using a blower I can't access this function.

I will look for the file of the alarm failure. I'm not too concerned since this is the only time it has happened.

Ah, that is a different feature. So what you like is the system operating even if it does not find an associated blower. Right?

Amir,
I need some help. I've been using the stoker for some now but I'm getting this error now.
Can you help me?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\AmirM Software\StokerLog\telnet_input.txt' is denied.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\Stokerlog.vb:line 1064
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It is the same problem everyone is having
icon_smile.gif
. You need to run it as Administrator. Program is failing due to changes in Windows 7 that doesn't let it write its log file where it likes to write it. See instructions above on how to do that.

Amir,
I am running Version 6.7 Stokerlog with a new Stoker for the first time. I received the error message "Not enough fields in the Telnet string" a couple of different times during my cook. I have cycled the Stoker off/on it seems to go away eventually. I had a spike in one of my probes during the process up to 900 degrees. My graph scale is now way off. Is there anyway to manually set the scales, mainly the Fan scale as it now covers everything else up? What causes the Telnet error?

Thanks for your help.

Let me start by saying the error is harmless in that stoker sent a message which stokerlog could not understand. So it discards it. Stokerlog is only interested in temperature status information so if a different message comes back, it is not material. And any rate, you just lose that one update. If it happens continuously, as in once a second, then that is not good.

There are a few causes for these messages:

1. Stoker firmware is updated and not tested against stokerlog. While I have a good relationship with the developer and the company, they often will make such changes. Once this got so bad that I hooked up with the developer and created the code that is in current version of stokerlog. So I thought we would be good to go for the foreseeable future. But maybe not
icon_frown.gif

2. Connectivity problems. People have seen these messages when using not so robust wireless connections.

3. Bugs in the stoker or stokerlog.

So again, if the message is not constantly coming out, then it is not a source for concern.

As to graph setting, you can change the max and min. Go to Settings->Graph Settings and you see the min/max values.

Was the 900 value coincidental with getting the above error?

Originally posted by Amir:
Ah, that is a different feature. So what you like is the system operating even if it does not find an associated blower. Right?

Amir - Yes? I would like the Stokerlog to allow me to run a grate probe as a control probe even though I am NOT running a blower to control. This would give me access to the low and high alarm settings which would alarm me if my grate temp went below the low setting.

In case my Traeger goes out, I lose power, or something else happens that causes the grate probe to drop below the low limit set, my laptop would alarm.

Thanks for the response Amir. I am using a wired connection for the Stoker so I think can eliminate the wireless issues. I had Stokerlog running on my wired desktop during the entire cook and had it running on my laptop via a wireless connection so that I could monitor it from another room. Is there a limitation on how many connections and/or stokerlogs can be running at one time? I think I may have caused some issues when I tried to log in to the Stoker web via my ipod. The 900 degree reading popped up during a series of unsuccessful contacts from Stokerlog. Eventually, I was able to get a shut down on the Stoker that allowed the Stokerlog to restart and continue communicating with the stoker.

Originally posted by Jim Sadler:
Thanks for the response Amir. I am using a wired connection for the Stoker so I think can eliminate the wireless issues. I had Stokerlog running on my wired desktop during the entire cook and had it running on my laptop via a wireless connection so that I could monitor it from another room. Is there a limitation on how many connections and/or stokerlogs can be running at one time? I think I may have caused some issues when I tried to log in to the Stoker web via my ipod. The 900 degree reading popped up during a series of unsuccessful contacts from Stokerlog. Eventually, I was able to get a shut down on the Stoker that allowed the Stokerlog to restart and continue communicating with the stoker.

In case Amir doesn't get to the board today...

You can only have one application running in telnet mode at a time. You can have additional apps running in HTTP/JSON mode, but the Stoker really runs slow when you're hitting it with the HTTP queries as well. Accessing the web interface while one application is running in telnet shouldn't be a problem.

FWIW, that's all my experience using StokerX, but since both applications access the Stoker the same way, it should also be applicable to StokerLog.

joe

Joe is right. That said, I have tested two concurrent connections with no ill effects. Stokerlog has an "HTTP only" mode which you need to set on the main scree for second copy of stokerlog.

Originally posted by Aaron Black:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:

Amir - Yes? I would like the Stokerlog to allow me to run a grate probe as a control probe even though I am NOT running a blower to control. This would give me access to the low and high alarm settings which would alarm me if my grate temp went below the low setting.

In case my Traeger goes out, I lose power, or something else happens that causes the grate probe to drop below the low limit set, my laptop would alarm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Using the Stoker web interface you can set fire alarms to any probe. The alarm will sound only in the Stoker. If the Stoker is close enough to your bed use the Stoker until Amir get StokerLog modified.

Is there a FAQ or guide for Stokerlog? I've been using it for about 6 months, and love it. I do have questions about Stokerlog and have found it difficult to find all of the answers in the 16 page post here.

Maybe something that explains each of the variables and how they work?

I don't want to bother the group with basic questions.

Thanks, Pete

Has anyone ever found a way to connect your stoker to the internet when at a BBQ competition? I can turn my phone into a mobile hot spot but am not positive on how I can make this work.

Thanks
Luke

Originally posted by James Smith:
Have you opened and read the help file in stokerlog? It goes through most of the items.

I never thought to check this out, will look at it.

Thanks!

Pete

Back