Stokerlog Version 6

Another vote for an Android app.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Amir:
Thanks guys.

Second question. I am not an iPhone/Apple guy
icon_smile.gif
. How much interest is there in an Android app first?

I am an iPhone guy, and an iPhone version of StokerX is definitely on my to-do list. But I have the same questions Amir has. Specifically, what features? Current snapshot is easy. Any kind of graphing is not. Not because the graphing is hard, but collecting the plot data is likely to be very difficult. You can't can't keep a network connection active while backgrounded without jumping through some hoops, and even then I'm not sure it would work. Background processing is limited to specific classes of apps, and it's not clear that lying to the OS would work. Have to try it to find out. And that's very specific to iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc). Android is probably very different.

Amir probably doesn't want a discussion of an iOS app in this thread. Should I open an iOS specific one, or would a "portable device" thread be better?

joe

I'd love an iOS app. It sounds like it may not be able to log like StokerX or Stokerlog but having a nice readable interface to the Stoker web server would be nice. I've used my iPod touch to check on my overnight cooks on my nightstand- but it's difficult to read using mobile Safari and having a dedicated app with a larger easier to read interface would probably be enough for me. It might be nice to have some kind of data collection- maybe it could save the data everytime you logged into a cook so you could look back at it in a table (similar to looking back at Twitter tweets during a cook).

Let me ask this. If there was a mobile phone, what would be the subset of features you like to see there? Trying to avoid tackling the entire project
icon_smile.gif
Android app features:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Periodic polling of the stoker to get status of temps vs. targets
<LI>User adjustable polling frequency
<LI>UI to include a small table, showing the last three (+/-) data sets
<LI>UI to allow setting/resetting target temps and the "keep warm" setting
[/list]

If the frequency of the polling could be adjustable, would it be possible to maintain a graph of the data? Maybe as a separate screen? You should be able to zoom in on the graph. And could we add comments on the graph?

I am trying to use stokerlog today for the first time. I just got my Stoker this week and was wanting to use it tonight. I am getting the below exception message and it is not reading my probe temps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\AmirM Software\StokerLog\telnet_input.txt' is denied.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\Stokerlog.vb:line 1064
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Sorry James. This is a but I have fixed but not yet posted. It was covered earlier in this thread
icon_smile.gif

You need to run the program as administrator to fix it. Right click on it, change the properties to run as Admin and all should be well.

Thanks so much Amir for the quick reply. I must have missed that piece as I was reading through the pages. All does seem to be working well now.

Amir,

This is the first time I've seen this. What's it all about? It doesn't seem to be causing any problems - at least not yet.

1164755607_zVQhb-XL.jpg

It is a harmless error as you noted. It is saying that the message it received from stoker did not match the format that is expected.

I tried to trace this once from log files another owner provided and never could. Do let me know if it happens on frequent basis for you. If so, I might prepare a diagnostic version for you to run so that I can find and fix it. For now, you can safely ignore it.

It is a harmless error as you noted. It is saying that the message it received from stoker did not match the format that is expected.

I tried to trace this once from log files another owner provided and never could. Do let me know if it happens on frequent basis for you. If so, I might prepare a diagnostic version for you to run so that I can find and fix it. For now, you can safely ignore it.
Ignoring as ordered, Sir!

Thanks for the very quick response. The status message appeared, so far, only that once. It hung around for what seemed like 15 minutes, thus giving me time to do the screen capture, and I've not seen it since. I'll drop another post here if it re-appears on a more regular/repeatable basis.

Anyone using the Twitter feature in Stokerlog? I'm trying it again without much luck. Can't send a test nor does it post when checked.

Amir, I have seen this message a couple of times when I was using a wireless bridge. I just attributed it to a loss in signal during an update to Stokerlog while I was out by the smoker and moved the wireless bridge device.

I wasn't able to get twitter to work via Stokerlog so I just set it via the stoker web server interface- you just need to set it at the beginning of the cook so not a big deal. It may be that with twitter's new authentication that the twitter doesn't login correctly from Stokerlog.

Originally posted by ano jones:
I wasn't able to get twitter to work via Stokerlog so I just set it via the stoker web server interface
I do the same, however, the past couple of cooks I couldn't get Stoker's native Twitter support to work either so I figured I'd give Stokerlog's a try. Neither worked this cook, weird.

Another question re: emailing the cook graph. I can never seem to get this to work. My current cook I have it set to "60" which I assume is 60 minutes and so far I've received only one email with the graph attached and that was 22 hours into the cook. Any ideas here?

Twitter functionality does not work currently because they changed the interface. I have it mostly working now but it requires you to to go a web site and get a code to type in. I am trying to automate that. Bit of a pain. Haven's seen anyone discontinue an interface like this before.

Larry, does it work when you are in the setup dialog for email and ask it to test? Hit that multiple times to see if you get multiple messages and they are not categorized as spam.

Back