Stokerlog Version 6

Amir, Installed the latest V67 today. It seems to have fixed one permissions issue but gets hung up on another - telnet_input.txt. Exception saying access is denied. If run as administrator it runs fine. Running on Win7 64bit. - Greg

I can't believe that bug is still there. Thought I removed the code altogether! Boy, am I a rusty programmer!
icon_biggrin.gif

I am not home right now but will look at it in a couple of days and fix it. Thanks for testing it.

I updated to Kayat;s 2.6.0.254 and I have not seen it since.. so probably just some latency.. I mean everything always worked ok.

Originally posted by Amir:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Murray Wilson:
Updated to .NET 4, but still not twitter feed and I still get the "Not enough fields in the telnet string" error although everything seems to working ok.
I could never find or replicate that bug. Is it happening all the time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Downloaded the new version and can't get it going.

See below. HELP

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\AmirM Software\StokerLog\StokerLog.txt' is denied.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.StartButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Amir:

Did a cook with 50 pounds of port shoulder in two smokers, and the only problem I had was that both food sensors were on one graph. Is there a way to assign the food probes to one pit or the other? I didn't use keep warm, as I had no idea which pit would do what.

Mitch, you can assign a probe to the second pit by changing its name and adding an astrisk (*) to its name.

Rich, it seems that you are still running the older version. Can you please uninstall and install again? If that fails, please do a Help About and tell me what version it says it is.

Amir:

Thanks for the tip to put the asterisk in the name. I figured there was probably a way to do it, but things were a little hectic, and I didn't want to try anything that would shut the whole thing down by mistake.

I am trying to find out if anyone has seen this problem before and knows how to fix it.

My stoker seems to work fine while it is stand alone. When I run stokerlog, everything comes up fine. When I go to make a target temp adjustment the stokerlog updates the stoker but the control sensor assignments change.

example:

before stokerlog

CSs
Probe 1 Blower 1
Probe 2 Blower 2.

After adjustment
probe 1 no blower and
probe 2 - blower 1

I have tried 3 different version of stokerlog on 2 different windows. XP and 7. The only thing that I have not done is downgrade the kaytat version from 2.6.0.254.

So anyone have any ideas on why this happens?

Tom Smity

Do you have two blowers? Maybe there is a regression with multiple blowers and latest firmware.

If above is true, can you test with one blower first?

Originally posted by Amir:
Do you have two blowers? Maybe there is a regression with multiple blowers and latest firmware.

If above is true, can you test with one blower first?

Yes, I have 2 blowers. I have been cooking today on both smokers and as long as I make no changes in the stokerlog and keep all changes on the stoker through the IE and then refresh the data on the stokerlog everything looks good. When I first bought the stoker I only had one blower and it seem to work fine. I can run some test tomorrow with one blower at a time. I will try a single blower test on both blower and even try different sensors with each blower to see if I can maybe isolate what works and what does not. I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Smitty

Hi Bob.

It is on my immediate todo list but day job is getting in the way.
icon_smile.gif
I will take a shot at it in the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks for your patience.

I tried to install stokerlog and when I went to open it I got a message saying I must first install v4.0 of the .net framework before the application will run. How do i do this?

Amir I have installed StokerLog Ver 6.7 on Windows 7 64bit machine with Stoker Version 2.6.0.254. When I start Stokerlog I am receiving the following Unhandled execption:
Access to the path'C:\Programs Files\AmirMSoftware\StokerLog\telnet_input txt'is denied.

If I run StokerLog Ver 6.6 it loads without any problems. Can you please let me know your thoughts.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\AmirM Software\StokerLog\telnet_input.txt' is denied.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\Stokerlog.vb:line 1064
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
StokerLog
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

The cause is simple. Why it is there is something I can't figure out other than uploading the wrong file.

Essentially, there is a log file that is being put a direction where if you don't have admin permissions, the program fails.

So find stokerlog, right click on it, select properties and check the compatibility box to run it as admin. From then on, it should work fine (Windows will prompt you to approve admin privileges on every invocation).

I hope to get a few minutes to fix this bug
icon_smile.gif

Amir the admin permission took care of the problem. Stokerlog 6.7 now loads perfectly and has been stable for several hours of operation. Will Twitter app be functional soon?
Thank you again
Tom

Back