Stokerlog Version 6

What does it show Jim? The probe being dissociated? If so, there is little data that can help me with that unless you have a process for reproducing it. If you have that, can you please verify that it doesn't happen with .254 revision?

Thanks for your help by the way
icon_smile.gif

So here's results of the test. No blower disassociation, but some issues. First the setup:

Acer Atom Aspire One Netbook Windows 7 Starter 32 bit Service Pack 1. lastest updates as of 4/9/2012
completely uninstalled Stokerlog 6.7, including deletion of program files directory for AmirM Software.

Installed stokerlog (SetupV67.msi) normally (not as Administrator).
Setup Stoker as below:
1. one fire probe associated with 1 blower Alarm set with high and low limits and target in between.
2. two alarm sensors with target set and food alarm on.

Ran Stokerlog as normal, but got a permissions error.
See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\AmirM Software\StokerLog\telnet_input.txt' is denied.
Changed Windows Compatibility setting on Stokerlog to run Stokerlog as Administrator. Now it runs without the error.

Note initial screen shot before changing setting, but after starting the logging.

Food temp probes agree on the alarm setting, but the fire probe shows not set.
I used Stokerlog to change the Fire probe to Alarm and it showed the same range as was on the Web page for Stoker. I tabbed to update Stoker and clicked it. At this point Stoker was updated by Stokerlog and the Stokerlog page looked correct, but checking the web page all alarms were gone.

When I refresh all data from Stoker (F5), I now have StokerLog show All alarms off the same as the web page.

Well it doesn't look like my screenshots made it using the insert picture URL. I had them on flickr, they didn't make the post.

Thanks Jim. You must run the program as admin as otherwise it will crash as you saw. I have it fixed but need a bit of time to upload the revision.

On alarms as was noted, they will NOT be in sync with the browser or stoker. The alarms are only in stokerlog. This was by request as otherwise, your machine outside could be beeping and bothering the neighbors without you knowing it. If you need them there, use the browser.

I may have missunderstood the alarms explanation. Are you saying that once I set and use the fire and food alarms in StokerLog, it will turn the ones off at the Stoker itself. At that point only the alarms on StokerLog are valid and set? I agree that since I'm inside with the PC and not by the grill I don't want the alarms set on the Stoker unit itself.

However, if I turn off an alarm using StokerLog, will it keep the same alarm off on the Stoker? I'm hoping it not just a toggle.

After I completely understand the alarm operation on 2.7.0.207, I'll retest with 254. I think part of my confusion came from updating the firmware on Stoker at the same time I went from an old version of StokerLog to v6.7.

Jim A

Okay, I had some time to test this some more. Again White Stoker non-wifi. firmware 2.7.0.207.

I started with a blower associated with a fire probe and 2 meat temperature sensors connected, but no alarms were set on the Stoker unit itself.

Using StokerLog 6.7 I then connected and started changing targets, alarms off/on, changing fire probe upper and lower limits. At no point did the web interface of stoker show an alarm set. They remained off on the Stoker. The alarms performed as expected in StokerLog. Alarms sounded when targets/limits were reached.

So I'm good to go with Stoker firmware 2.7.0.207 in the non-WiFi and Stokerlog 6.7 running in Administrator mode.

Jim A

Can anyone confirm what can be expected in when StokerLog 6.7 and the new Stoker WiFi running 2.7.0.270 firmware.

Are there any know issues between the two versions? I am visiting here in the USA and setting this up for a friend who is not tech savvy. I only have a day with him before heading back to Australia and it would be nice to know if there are any known issues that I am not chasing my tail in the limited time available.

Appreciate any feedback.

Regards,

Ian

Jim, your finding on the Alarms are correct. If you had alarms set on the Stoker and then set alarms unsing the Stokerlog, the alarms on the Stoker are turned off. They will not be set again until you set them on the Stoker itself. with the Stokerlog not connected.

Originally posted by Bob Hunter:
Jim, your finding on the Alarms are correct. If you had alarms set on the Stoker and then set alarms unsing the Stokerlog, the alarms on the Stoker are turned off. They will not be set again until you set them on the Stoker itself. with the Stokerlog not connected.

Hi Bob....is this referring to the latest wifi version firmware 2.7.0.270?

I Fleetz, Bob was responding to my post about firmware 2.7.0.207 in the white non-WiFi model of Stoker. It works fine for me with StokerLog 6.7 as long as you remember that StokerLog 6.7 has alarms that are independent of the Stoker alarms and in fact turns them off, if you enable the StokerLog alarms.

Jim A

Lets hope Amir can modify StokerLog to work the alarms seamlessly with Stoker alarms. My friend who will be using this needs it to be uncomplicated to use....
I spoke to RocksBBQ yesterday about the refreshing of data/browser and they confirmed Amir has been supported with a WiFi Stoker, I am confident Amir will up issue the StokerLog when he has an opportunity.

Cheers,

Ian

Originally posted by I Fleetz:
Lets hope Amir can modify StokerLog to work the alarms seamlessly with Stoker alarms. My friend who will be using this needs it to be uncomplicated to use....
I spoke to RocksBBQ yesterday about the refreshing of data/browser and they confirmed Amir has been supported with a WiFi Stoker, I am confident Amir will up issue the StokerLog when he has an opportunity.

Cheers,

Ian
They said that? I have not heard from them on sending me a unit after I gave them the shipping info.

So meanwhile I contacted the firmware developer for stoker hoping he can test it with the stokerlog and let me know what he finds out.

Originally posted by Ron B - NE Ontario, Canada:
Amir,
Is there a way of running StokerLog in debug mode ?
I can try and reproduce it if you'd like ?
Thanks for the offer.

I need the sequence of what is going wrong. And then, what might be helpful is for someone to open a path to it from the Internet and I can then connect and debug remotely.

Of course the sooner you have your unit, the better !!

Right now, we have a work-around (goto the main.html page and change the target temp from there), so waiting for a fix is fine.

BTW, is it possible for StokerLog to command the Stoker to dis-associate the blower ? Or is it likely that the Stoker is doing it in error ?

I wonder ....

Yes, it is very possible. Every time you make a change, I tell the stoker what the current configuration is. If the format has changed, then it might interpret that as something else, removing the association.

Can you please confirm which stoker and firmware revision is causing the disassociation?

Hi Amir,

yes that is what I was told....hope they follow through soon and debugging the way is are with snippets of information is definitely the hard way as you know.

The StokerLog to be honest finishes the Stoker WiFi off nicely as a product. Donating a unit is a drop in the bucket compared to the upside it gives the product.

Hope they follow through soon.

Regards,

Ian

I agree with you Fleetz, i can't believe Rock's hasn't been working more closely with Amir. His program has been a major part of their success.

Amir, let me know if you'd still like this, I'd be more than happy to open up a tunnel to my Stoker for you to use.

I can also tunnel RDP to my host PC so you could log in and run StokerLog on the same LAN if you'd like.

You can contact me offline at jeff at mtbpics dot net.

Originally posted by Amir:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ron B - NE Ontario, Canada:
Amir,
Is there a way of running StokerLog in debug mode ?
I can try and reproduce it if you'd like ?
Thanks for the offer.

I need the sequence of what is going wrong. And then, what might be helpful is for someone to open a path to it from the Internet and I can then connect and debug remotely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Amir:
Yes, it is very possible. Every time you make a change, I tell the stoker what the current configuration is. If the format has changed, then it might interpret that as something else, removing the association.

Can you please confirm which stoker and firmware revision is causing the disassociation?

It's the black Stoker, upgraded to the wireless enabling Firmware in Feb/March. I did not have this problem on the old version of StokerLog (v4.1) as I changed the target temps a couple of times with no issues.

I upgraded to v6.7 before my Sunday cook and changing the target temperature caused this issue with Blower dis-association.

Back