StokerLog Version 5 Preview

A couple of questions if I could.
What Stoker version should I be running? My current Stoker version is 2.0.259. Should I update the stoker to 2.1.287?

Also, I am a little confused with the number/naming of Ver 5 of StokerLog. Should I just use the last link posted in this thread?

Thanks,
Steve

Yes, you should use the latest link (the one for Bob).

As for stoker, I don't have them memorized but running the latest version allows the stoker to properly report whether the stoker blower is on or not. The older version gives you pretty graphs but they are not really indicating if the fan is on or not.

No. I have dumped three bugs on him, none easy to find so I doubt that he will make progres on any of them soon.

Let me see if I can put in a work-around for you for now....

Here we go Bob. I have not tested this at all. So please give it a good work out
icon_smile.gif

http://la.gg/upl/StokerLog5Test.msi

The new version appears very solid. We are working out one last issue that has cropped up. Should know more by tomorrow, after I finish this test.

Amir,

I replicated the issue (ie, I got the error msg in the status box), the new version kept on trucking. I am going to let it run through the night and see how it goes. So far so good

Bob, the "Stoker Hung" pop-up message is what I have been getting for awhile (see thread about ver 4.2) and we kept trying to blame the issue on my new Norton Antivirus.

But now that you and others are also getting the same problem, I'm guessing it may not be Norton now for my problems.

I would get the pop-up message when running StokerLog, but the Stoker was not hung and the web interface would still show the correct temps (when I refreshed the browser).

For me, everything worked fine in December (running ver 4.2) then I didn't use the smoker for all of January. The first time I used it in February, I started getting this message.

So I don't know what changed during that time to all of a sudden start creating this issue. If I run the HTTP version in StokerLog ver 5.0, I don't get this error happening (but I also don't get the fan status).

It is easy enough to confirm Steve
icon_smile.gif
. Run the new version and see if you get a status line that says something like the line reported before ("create_page....").

Looking good Bob. Thanks for testing. Can I ask others reading this thread to run that version also so that we can get good mileage on it before calling it final?

I have left it running all night, I have encountered the message 5 times so far. And the Stokerlog keeps on keeping. The email and graphs are working perfectly as well.

Steve, I never saw this problem with v 4.2 however until just recently I hadn't exposed the Stoker to the outside world. At that point I started seeing this issue. Until this morning I have been thinking that this is occurring when I make a web request from the outside. What is starting to concern me is that it has happened five more times since I made the last web request. I have correlated these occurrences with my routers incoming log file. It looks as if something else is hitting port 80 on my router, and possibly making invalid requests of the Stoker's web page. At this point I am going to disable the port forwarding on my router and see if this condition continues.

Thanks Amir, I'll download the latest version tonight and set it up for a test. I'll report back.

Bob, I am getting the message when directly connected from the Stoker box to my laptop. Never used to get it till the first time I used it this year.

Are we getting a delayed Y2K bug here???
icon_smile.gif
Maybe it's a Y2K08 bug. Woulld any of this have anything to do with this being a Leap Year??

Amir, I downloaded the test version you posted. After 11 minutes, here is the message from the status window:
Str = create_page:io_ex:java.io.IOException: null

I think that is the same message Bob was getting.

I didn't get the pop-up message about the Stoker being hung and StokerLog kept on logging.

It does look like you had the same issue as Bob. This version ignores the error and keeps going so what it is doing is "by design."
icon_smile.gif
I will go ahead and keep this work-around in there.

I suspect there is a networking bug in the little TCP stack in the box. But as long as my work-around works, I guess we can focus on more important things.

Amir, after I got the message in the Status line, I tried to update the target temp on a temp probe (not the pit probe) and when I tried to "Update Stoker" I got a pop-up message to Continue or Quit. If I Continued, it ignored what I was trying to do. If I Quit, it closed down StokerLog.

I'll run it again tonight and post a copy of the pop-up message if that will help you.

Yes, I definitely need the error message. Would also be good to see if you can update the stoker with the browser when that happens.

Ok, I'm firing mine up again for some additional testing, as I did not think about updating anything after I got the java message and things kept running.

I actually tried to update even before I got the status message, and I got that same pop-up message about Continue or Quit. Even after I got the message, I was still able to update via the web interface.

Here's the pop-up message:

unhandled.jpg

Here are the "Details"

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StokerLog.StokerLog.CreatePostString()
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Back