Stokerlog 7.0 Release

Thanks for the reply Amir. I suspected as much.

On another subject I was using the latest version a few days ago and it had an unhandled exception when I attempted to change the Target Temperature in the target text box. I have the text details if you are interested, I can either post here or email them to you.

Thanks
Gary

o3wc.png

Yes, it would be useful to see the text of the exception.

Here you are:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.TimerUpdate()
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18051 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18046 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18045 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18053 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18053 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

@ Gary. Contact Rocks BBQ; ask for a blower pigtail. You can cut the wires off to the plug if you like just make sure the ends of the wire do not touch.
Assign the Pit Sensor to this "Blower" pigtail. You have just fooled the software in thinking there is a blower attached when there isn't. Now the pit monitor sensor is a fire control sensor with both high and low alarms.

Great tip! I will do much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to point that out to me. I am going to make a giant leap here, and guess you are the same BMerrill of Savannahsmoker fame, that hangs out over at Pelletheads (and I'm sure other places as well)?

Gary

Amir, I am not sure whether I can repeat it or not. It came after a couple alarms on the food probes, when I was trying to change the target temperature. I can try to repeat it on my next cook. Is there something else I can capture, or try to capture, in these situations that would improve your ability to debug the exception?

Gary

Thanks Gary. What I need is a sequence of steps that makes the program crash repeatedly. I don't need the crash report if you have that. I can repeat the same and figure out what happened.

Hey Amir,

With Windows 8 it hangs every hour. The Stoker status page is fine. I have to close the app and reopen it for it to come back.

James

This may sound strange coming from an ex-Microsoft guy but I have no Win 8 machines to test it on! Does it do it on more than one machine?

Amir, I am sure you are addressing this to James, but I have used it on two different Windows 8 machines and haven't observed any hangs yet. Just FYI.

Gary

This may sound strange coming from an ex-Microsoft guy but I have no Win 8 machines to test it on! Does it do it on more than one machine?

Amir,
I have been running on Win 8 since the dev preview with no issues. I am also running on the the Dev preview of Win 8.1, no issues.

SmokerLog (Not Responding)

Hello Amir (and others),

I would like to start off by saying thank you for this awesome program.. I absolutely love it.. I am however having a problem that I was hoping that someone here could help me with.
I got my Stoker last week for my offset smoker, and ran a test last Saturday. The problem I had was the StokerLog was jumping into a mode of not responding and would not come out. I would have to restart the program. I am using Win 7 Ult, 64bit. I even installed V6.9c as admin.
It throws up no errors, and can happen anywhere from 20 min to 4 hours..
Any help, or ideas are welcome.
Thanks again..

notresponding.jpg

Hi Jerry. Thanks for the kind words. The only thing that (should) hang stokerlog is networking problems. When that happens, please run the browser and see if you can talk to stoker. If you are using WiFi, try (for testing indoors) with a wired connection and see if it occurs there. If not, it is a WiFi issue.

Yes, I noticed that I lose WiFi connectivity in the Stoker when I activate the 5 minute off feature when opening the lid. This in turn causes the Stokerlog to lock up. Hopefully there's a firmware update to fix on the Stoker (after searching I'm not the only one with the problem).

One question regarding Stokerlog, when I try to change target temps within Stokerlog the Blower loses its association with the sensor. I have to reassociate it via the Stoker web interface. Is that a recognized bug?

Hi Jerry. Thanks for the kind words. The only thing that (should) hang stokerlog is networking problems. When that happens, please run the browser and see if you can talk to stoker. If you are using WiFi, try (for testing indoors) with a wired connection and see if it occurs there. If not, it is a WiFi issue.

Amir, I too thought that the loss of WiFi had something to do with it. I would refresh the stoker's direct page, and was able to get the information directly though. It's like the Stoker reacquires the connection, but Stokerlog remains in a state of "NotResponding". I wouldn't doubt that the WiFi would get a "hiccup" every once and a while, just the nature of WiFi. It just stinks when the log drops out all together because of it. Would be awesome it it had an alarm notifying when communication with stoker was out. May get an extra long cat-6 for when I cook.

Amir, I too thought that the loss of WiFi had something to do with it. I would refresh the stoker's direct page, and was able to get the information directly though. It's like the Stoker reacquires the connection, but Stokerlog remains in a state of "NotResponding". I wouldn't doubt that the WiFi would get a "hiccup" every once and a while, just the nature of WiFi. It just stinks when the log drops out all together because of it. Would be awesome it it had an alarm notifying when communication with stoker was out. May get an extra long cat-6 for when I cook.

I suggest you start a continuous ping to the Stoker and you'll see how many dropouts the Stoker has. The Wifi radio in the Stoker is pathetic. Mine is very close to a high quality router and it times out several times every hour. Every time it times out the StokerLog stops responding. I'm probably going to set up my old WRT54GS as an adapter and use that instead of the built in Wifi.

Back