Stokerlog 7.0 Release

Something not functionality related, but installer related. During the install, I'm not given an option to change the install disk/directory. I try to keep a minimum of stuff on my boot drive SSD. The second page says hit Back to make changes, but you do, and it just goes back to the first page with no where to make changes.

I can make that change but I really hate messing with setup :). I just checked and the entire install takes 1.7 megabytes. So it is really in the noise level as far as space it would take on your SSD.

Amir, I notice that V7 opens automatically when I restart my laptop. I haven't been able to find out how to disable this. Can you please comment?

Thanks.

I was using the latest V7 build with Windows 8 x64 RTM and had quite a few crashes. It would just lockup and say not responding and would just stay that way until I did a force close. It could have been a wifi issue, but it was midnight and I wasn't up for troubleshooting. I would have thought if it were a connectivity issue it would become responsive when it regained the connection, but that wasn't the case because I could browse the internet while it was locked up. I switched to 6.7 and also changed the laptop to a stronger wifi connection since I have two and 6.7 only crashed once in 15 hours. I'm sure you haven't had a chance to do any testing on Win8, but thought it would be worth mentioning.

Also, this may have already been discussed or requested, but it would be great if there was some type of auto-save feature so that if you do have a crash and you restart the app you don't lose all your history. It could be an option to have it do an auto-save every 15 minutes. I know you can save and reopen, but that doesn't really work with a crash and for long 15+ hour cooks it's not unreasonable for something unexpected to happen.

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this.

Thanks for the feedback. I suspect it was a networking problem. The program does now save the past history. See point #2 on the first page of this thread.

Hi Amir,

I've been messing around with the Stokerlog version 6.9RC (installed this morning). All in all it looks good, but I have been running into frequent hang-ups where I revceive the following error message. I can sometimes get Stokerlog to connect again by hitting the stop buttin and then start button and other times when I try that, the appliaciton will just stop responsing and I have to close it, re-open it and restore the previous cook. Below is a copy of the details I get when the error log pops up. I am running Widows 7 premium.

Thanks for this package - I'm looking forward to using it!

Error Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\User\Documents\telnet_input.txt' because it is being used by another process.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at StokerLog.StokerLog.Timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks Darren. Do you have a virus checker or back up program running by chance? The error indicates some other program is getting access to one of the log files which stops stokerlog from accessing it. I can try to fix it but like to first figure out what is happening.

Hi Amir,

Yup - I have Mcafee antivirus running. I thought the error sounded like two applications fighting over the same file, but didn;t have a clue where to begin looking. I can try disabling the AV program next time I run this and see what happens.

Thanks!

Darren,

During this weekends cook, my pc locked up at 100% cpu usage. Using both malwarebyte and norton 360 here. Corrected the cpu usage issue by adding the stokerlog program directory and the 3 log files to the malwarebytes and norton exclusion list. Does McAfee have a similar option ?

Bob

Just wanted to say that after dealing with the program locking up consistently, I have updated to the latest version and have completed a 16+ hour cook without missing a single beat.

Thanks! :cool:

I tried using the latest V7 release on Windows 8 x64 and over a 6 hour period it probably crashed 8 or 9 times to the point that it wasn't really usable. I was right there the whole time so it didn't mess up the cook, but I definitely wouldn't count on it for an overnight cook.
I had this same experience before on a different Windows 8 laptop and I'm fairly certain it wasn't a wifi issue because I kept looking at the wifi signal and it stayed strong the whole time. It would just lock up and no matter how long I'd let it sit, it would never recover and I'd have to kill the process. I tried running it as administrator and in Win7 compatibility mode, but neither made a difference. I didn't have any virus software running at the time either. I guess next time I'll use a Win7 VM to run it and see how that goes.

I have not tested it on Windows 8 at all. There could very well be problems there. Do let me know if Win 7 VM fixes things.

I tried using the latest V7 release on Windows 8 x64 and over a 6 hour period it probably crashed 8 or 9 times to the point that it wasn't really usable. I was right there the whole time so it didn't mess up the cook, but I definitely wouldn't count on it for an overnight cook.
I had this same experience before on a different Windows 8 laptop and I'm fairly certain it wasn't a wifi issue because I kept looking at the wifi signal and it stayed strong the whole time. It would just lock up and no matter how long I'd let it sit, it would never recover and I'd have to kill the process. I tried running it as administrator and in Win7 compatibility mode, but neither made a difference. I didn't have any virus software running at the time either. I guess next time I'll use a Win7 VM to run it and see how that goes.

Is v7 available to the public? If it is, Where could I find it? The latest version I have found is 69RC3.exe

Thanks for a great application.

Gary

Yes, just click on that link and it is the install file. Still being called 6.9RC until we know it is all working and I will then rename it to version 7 ("RC" stands for Release Candidate).

And thanks for the kind words. Hope this version works out for you.

Back