stoker v pitmaster iq 110?

Mark Alcorn

I am not sure this is the right forum for this post, but the moderators can move it is it isn't.

I have a WSM 22.5 and I am considering some sort of temperature control device. Will the pitmaster do the trick? If not, what model of stoker should I get?

TIA,

Mark

Mark,

Have Rock's stoker only. All I can say is... It works Great ! The stoker was recommended to me by a well known pitmaster and I haven't looked back since. It's not the cheapest, but is very reliable. If you do go the stoker route, you'll also need the 22.5" WSM adapter, the 10 cfm fan and probes. The stoker box I believe comes in only 1 flavor, but has multiple inputs and outputs for about anything you desire, probe and fan wise. It can control more than 1 WSM.

I might add... Rock's BBQ are a great bunch of people. VERY easy and delightful to work with!

Bob

I have a PIQ110. I'd say if you have the funds, go with the Stoker.
The PitMaster works and will do the trick and I'm happy with it, but the Stoker has more configuration options and proven track record.
That being said, I have never used a Stoker...just read about them.

The Pitmaster doesn't have near the features and that is reflected in the cost. Most likely it is intended for the backyard weekend warrior. If money is no object then either the wifi Stoker or the guru cyberQ wifi would be cool to have. They have more features and are probably intended for the more serious cook like competitors or caterers. Of course, with a WSM an ATC is not required to maintain steady temps but they are very cool toys.

The forum - Automatic-Temperature-Control-Systems might be where you want to browse.

"Will the pitmaster do the trick?" the answer is "yes", but is this really your question. Review the ATC section and ask yourself what features do the various models have that you might want/need. Multiple pits, ease of use, monitor via wifi, low cost, multiple meats etc.

If you use all the networking features of the stoker then by all means go for it, if not the pitmasterIQ does a good job. I used to have a stoker but I sold it as I didn't utilize all the features of it anyway. I now use the IQ 110 and am happy with it. I do wish it had a digital readout of the pit temp though.

I have the IQ110 as well and love it!!! The cajun bandit door I hate it it leaks more than the stock piece of junk did. I do love cajuns grommets and charcoal ring.
Just my 2 cents worth. good luck and happy smoking!

I have the IQ110 as well and love it!!! The cajun bandit door I hate it it leaks more than the stock piece of junk did. I do love cajuns grommets and charcoal ring.
Just my 2 cents worth. good luck and happy smoking!

I'd suggest putting Nomex gasket around the door. I did and it seals very tight.

Back