Steven Raichlen's BBQ U featured on Bobby Flay tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
Musta got caught smokin."

STILL cracks me up! (and I stole it once!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, and used it on ME
icon_eek.gif

icon_smile.gif

Double D@mn. Probably won't get home tonight in time to set that up. Saw it in the guide (no discription) and thought it was the episode with the stupid BBQ frat. that I've already seen three times. Didn't want to make it four. Maybe I can call the wife in NC and have her Tivo it for me.

How did I miss Steve on Iron Chef???? I thought I had seen all of them.

Hey, thanks for the report on the show tonight, Miz Susan - seems I always discover something like that on the day AFTER it shows. Lessee... 9 eastern would be like 8 central, I think... nevertheless, thanks!

Keri C

Found this in Raichlen's bio:
In August, 2003, Raichlen defeated Iron Chef Roksbura Michiba in a barbecue battle on Japanese television. Oprah called him the “Gladiator of Grilling” and “Howard Stern hailed him as the “Michael Jordan of Barbecue.”

Here's a cool article Raichlen wrote for the NYT's this past March where he gives all the behind the scenes scoop!

This one has pics, but maybe you have to register? not sur

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
Found this in Raichlen's bio:
In August, 2003, Raichlen defeated Iron Chef Roksbura Michiba in a barbecue battle on Japanese television. Oprah called him the “Gladiator of Grilling” and “Howard Stern hailed him as the “Michael Jordan of Barbecue.”

Here's a cool article Raichlen wrote for the NYT's this past March where he gives all the http://forums.chef2chef.net/printthread.php?Cat=&Board=media&main=121485&type=thread

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/10/dining/10GRIL.html?ex=1394254800&en=ffd21793b5102914&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND has pics, but maybe you have to register? not sur <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But OF COURSE he did Susan!!!!

ROFL!! How bout' it Larry!!!

Big Al

You guys are spoilt anybody got a spare video tape or even DVD, I have 3 of his books over here but hopefully some day we will get some BBQ feeds on satilite, god knows we have 100 channels with nothing on, fingers crossed it will find its way here like some other U.S Documentrys we get here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
Sorry, but the show was LAME!!

BTW...I most likely will not pay $2500.00 for a 3 day course on BBQ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more, Greg the show didn't even teach me anything I already didn't know. And yeah even if I had the cash I WOULD NOT pay that much for a 3 day course. Basically you are paying that much to meet a celebrity. It would be very VERY cool to meet Steve no doubt, but he taught in a way that like........NO ONE had ANY clue to what they were doing. Maybe Food Network just concentrated on the ppl that needed the most babysitting I dunno......oh well.

Big Al

I enjoyed the show. Maybe not great TV but better than old reruns. I do appreciate them having something on tv that relates to one of my favorite pastimes. Steves PBS shows arent flashy but he is straight to the point and he does give some good advise. Plus in a 15 hour cook, that means you only mop the brisket 60 times! lol Now 2500 bucks sure isnt for me, but he has a nice racket going on. Cant blame him, if I could so would I.
Peace,
DP

Bobby Flay is just irritating.
I watch him every so often... then wonder why.
icon_confused.gif

Keep him off the other shows (yes I know Steve was on his show).

Iron Chef America, org. Iron Chef (oh, I cut my finger), Iron Chef (rematch) (oh I cut my finger again). Bobby... put down the knife.

"The sauce on this dish tastes a little too plasma like.. I think...yes."
icon_biggrin.gif
(you have to picture my mouth not in sync with the words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back