Steaks and Sides on the Porch

Stuart S

TVWBB Pro
I made me a little dinner on the Smokey Joe on the front porch again since our backyard isn't quite ready to go.

I'm surprised by how hot this little bad boy can get with just one Weber Mini Chimney of briquettes in it. No thermometer, but there was definite color change going on here.
2014-06-20201937.jpg

I got a few ribs steaks that were on sale and fired them on right over the coals. I don't know if I'll ever cook steaks for two on the performer again. This thing doesn't get hot enough to overcook the steaks if you walk away for minute or two, but they turn out pretty good in terms of color and grill marks.
2014-06-20201944.jpg

Here's your plate with skillet potatoes, green beans and corn slathered with orange and thyme flavored butter.
2014-06-20202829.jpg

Enjoy your day!

Beautiful Bright Yellow Corn Stuart!
Steak looks awesome too!!

i only mentioned YOUR the beautiful bright yellow corn because...
'someone' put their beautiful bright yellow corn next to some chickens liver and scared the begeezus outta it ;)

Good looking steak!!! Been wanting one but I refuse to pay the high prices out here.

Great steaks, you call that steak for two, haha I'm thinking you might be able to feed a couple more on those big boys. (that is not meant to be critical, cuz I Can eat a whole one :)

Those bad boys were $5.99/lb so I got two big uns, my wife and I both ate half of each steak and then kept the rest for wraps the next day...

Back