Steak and 1st use of Foodsaver marinator accessory

JesseG

TVWBB Member
Went to Lowes to only buy a lightbulb ended up walking out with BBQ stuff... AGAIN.. I just bought a foodsaver gamesaver G300 as well as the marinator canister and have been looking for an excuse to try it out. While at lowes I saw this Broil King Marinade called "The Perfect Steak" picked it up, I have never marinated a steak but figured it was a great test for the marinator. Bought some beautiful bone in ribeyes used the marinade canister and foodsaver to marinate the steaks for 15-20 mins (instructions on the bottle say marinate for 1 hour at room temp).

Pulled the steaks out of the canister and let me say, it worked GREAT, steaks were loaded and juicy with just 15-20 mins of wait time. See action shots below and plated pics.

Review:
foodsaver and quick marinator canister- Awesome, worked as advertised.
Broil King "The Perfect Steak Marinade" - Ehhhhh.. Marinade had an overpowering soy and vinegar flavor it

I've never seen this attachment before but I will keep an eye out for it going forward.

I also have the same problem with Lowes.... I always leave with more in the bag. :)

Dan... I haven't seen the attachment in stores I ordered mine on the foodsaver site and used a 20% off code. Thinking about getting the mason jar sealing attachments but don't know what I would store in the, lol I'm telling you I'm trying to find any excuse to use that machine

Tony.. Yeah Ig is a lot quicker, no write up necessary lol... I had to wrestle the ipad away from my son ha

Thanks for the quick review. I just bought that same foodsaver. I thought about buying one of the marinator attachments, but couldn't decide how practical it would be. Even if the flavor wasn't exactly what you were looking for, the steaks look great!

Great looking steaks Jesse! Got to get a foodsaver I'm driving the stock prices up on zip locks I'm buying so many of them.

Thanks for the review. I didn't even know Blowes had a food saver much less attachments. If I can dig out I may just have go down there and see if I can find them.

Based on your advice I'll leave the marinade alone.

Steaks looks PERFECT. I have one of those marinaters aswell. But mine is smaller. So any bone in steak is a no no. Maby need to get a bigger one.

Very nice looking steaks!!! I have heard good things about those marinade attachments. Biggest complaint I have heard is that people wished they made a bigger one.

Back