Staying in my lane- no more roadside rescues that need work!

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Last summer I scored a great Genesis a few miles from my house. It was on the side of the road next to trash cans.
Unfortunately, it was a NG which there is not a big market for. I wanted to give it to my friend and quickly started trying to find a manifold.
Through this forum, a donor was found and the trade was made! But I lost all momentum once I started having problems with the regulator.
Then, winter came and hibernation set it in on all projects!
Well, finally, again through the help of this forum, I found the right regulator and got it all put back together, cleaned and delivered it to my friend this evening!
Thanks all! But I think I will stick to cooking and all the fun that goes with that!
Mad respect for those of you who fully restore these grills!
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_6027.jpeg
    IMG_6027.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6028.jpeg
    IMG_6028.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2583.jpeg
    IMG_2583.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 24
You know, proper driving skills seem to be less important to the populous at large, I have strayed into the “Resto mod” lane with this “Sacre Bleu” lidded project and when this is done, I’m not even going to THINK about doing another!! Well, maybe think but I’m getting too old to get very involved with another project like this ever again!
But, since I’m going to end up with an “extra” frame, a side table would be pretty simple and always useful. Salvaged Strohs brewery barrel material is gone I think…

Crap in a hat! Another project!

Back