Starting the weekend with Gourmet Burgers

T Waite

TVWBB Super Fan
Not a lot of time to cook this weekend, lots of chores tomorrow and an air show on Sunday. I just picked up Weber's Big Book of Burgers and was chomping at the bit to try one. This is their Bourbon Burger with caramelized onions.

Four medium yellow onions, olive oil, salt, pepper. Once the onions start to get translucent and limp, add brown sugar and apple cider vinegar.

P1000361.jpg

Figured I'd better fire up the kettle for this, it's been largely ignored while I've breaking in the G1K.

3lbs. Ground chuck, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and 2 oz. Bourbon. I admit to buying Ezra Brooks, I wasn't about to use the good stuff! Toasted Kaiser rolls.

P1000362.jpg

Topped with a mixture of prepared horseradish and Dijon Mustard

Dig in!

P1000363.jpg

Last edited:
I love everything grilling and BBQ but I'll have to say I really love a good burger. I like them over gas grills, charcoal, any wood fire and even (gasp) lighter fluid and match light.

That's a incredible burger spot on and I'm sure mighty tasty too. We also have the Big Book of Burgers and made some, they all are great and its always hard to pick which one to try.

Great, thanks... now I want a burger :p :D

One of our favorites is a burger topped with Gruyere cheese and deeply-caramelized onions, served on a buttered/toasted pretzel roll, with an au jous dip that's essentially French onion soup. The onions are cooked down so much (mahogany color) that each burger gets the equivalent of a large (fist-sized) onion.

Most definitely a fine looking burger, T! Caramelized onions are one of my favorite burger toppings too.

Hey T, were you sampling the Ezra while you grilled? That burger looks like it is leaning to the side. Bet it was good though!

Back