Starting Thanksgiving Turkey brine

GGross

TVWBB Pro
I'm made a brine using maple syrup, bourbon barrel stout and spices. I have 2 breast in the bucket. I'll pull on Monday and let air dry in fridge on Tuesday, cook on Wednesday and eat on Thursday.

Great start on the turkey breast, can't wait to see the finish pics. We start ours tomorrow to be cook on Wednesday also.

Nice! I just started my 20# bird to thawing on Friday. The surface is starting to soften a bit, but I think it'll need a bath to finish thawing in time to brine on Wednesday.

Monday night I pulled so about 24 hour brine, might be a bit long from what I've been reading. Letting dry age or whatever you would call some time in the frig uncovered.

Preparing for injection

I did 1/2 cup butter to 3/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (I'm just making this stuff up) with a splash of Sriracha.

Tuesday morning injection. I'll probably put in Ziploc later today, all ready for Wednesday cook. 1 on the Kettle and 1 in the TBE

Preparing for injection

I did 1/2 cup butter to 3/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (I'm just making this stuff up) with a splash of Sriracha.

Tuesday morning injection. I'll probably put in Ziploc later today, all ready for Wednesday cook. 1 on the Kettle and 1 in the TBE

Hrm...looks a bit like a crime scene, but I'm sure they'll be tasty!

Back