Stanbroil Stainless Steel Cooking Grates For Weber Q

Troy,
Thank you.
I have been waiting for someone to drop a review on those things. Im gonna get those for my next replacement on my Q200 which is coming up real soon.

Can you comment on how sturdy they are? What kind of cleaning device are you using on them? A brush or some kind of scraper?

Also, will they work on the older Q100/200. They need special clips to handle the split grates. I do see where the listing says they fit Q100, but I just want to make sure.

Last edited:
The spacing looks like it could pass an entire ribeye through. Also what concerns me is the thermodynamics of this type grate on a grill that relies on the grill plate as part of the heat distribution source

Troy,
Thank you.
I have been waiting for someone to drop a review on those things. Im gonna get those for my next replacement on my Q200 which is coming up real soon.

Can you comment on how sturdy they are? What kind of cleaning device are you using on them? A brush or some kind of scraper?

Also, will they work on the older Q100/200. They need special clips to handle the split grates. I do see where the listing says they fit Q100, but I just want to make sure.
They are very well built, nice and sturdy, quality product. I use a brush for cleaning. I have a 2200. so it was made for split grates.

The spacing looks like it could pass an entire ribeye through. Also what concerns me is the thermodynamics of this type grate on a grill that relies on the grill plate as part of the heat distribution source
The spacing is normal, no different than any other stainless grate. I've cooked burgers, hot dogs, steaks, pork chops, chicken, and ribs last night, works great!! My grill is modified to achieve high temps for searing steaks, so I have no problem with heat distribution.

Dolphins 2021...ok 2025...ok 2030. Yeah, I know, 2050 :rolleyes:

I don't know if I can become a Colts fan after I move. I am really not into football, anyway. At least I will be a lot closer to another perennial loser team, my beloved Chicago White Sox! Anbody can be a Cubs fan, you have to have gumption to be a ChiSox fan😨

These are on sale at Amazon for $69

Actually, after further review these had been priced at $64 the past few months so this is a little increase

Last edited:
Honestly between the huge gaps between rods and the fact that there is no heat absorption from having a heavy grate to absorb and release heat slowly I would not touch them. I am thinking about the heavy plate steel grates Jon and I spoke about for my Q3 series grills though because if the steel is heavy enough they actually could work well

These grates have been amazing. I really like them for searing meat. I recently restored a Q320 with the cast iron grates, and to be honest I only use that grill for indirect cooking. The stainless grates on my Q2200 are my go to grates. As far as the gaps between the grates go, unless you're cooking something the size of a pencil you're good to go, and if you were grilling something that small, I would hope you were sharp enough to lay it across the grates!! LOL!! I'm searing loin chops tonight, will post some picks.

Last edited:

Back